Main Menu

Strontium Dog Tales From the Doghouse

Started by klute, 21 August, 2013, 03:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Not sure about the detail's of this release
QuoteSTRONTIUM DOG: PORTRAIT OF A MUTANT

John Wagner, Carlos Ezquerra.

NEW MUTANT ARMY! In the far future, Strontium-90 fallout has created a race of mutants. Outcasts from society, they are despised by the 'norms' and given only the dirtiest job – bounty hunting. Johnny Alpha is one such mutant, working for the Search/Destroy Agency, hunting down the criminals for the Galactic Crime Commission.

Portrait of a Mutant explores Johnny Alpha's tragic early years fighting for survival amongst the ranks of the Mutant Army against his hate-filled father Kreelman, and features the introduction of many popular supporting characters such as the Torso from Newcastle and the knobbly-headed Glaswegian, Middenface McNulty.

144 pages (B-Format paperback) | £6.99 | ISBN: 978-1-78108-143-3

Whether it will feature any of Tales from the DogHouse, if not i would love to see them fleshed out into a GN/Floppy
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: klute on 21 August, 2013, 03:26:49 PM
Whether it will feature any of Tales from the DogHouse...

Not sure why you think it would - it's just a B-format (small, budget) reprint of Portrait of a Mutant, as it says.
@jamesfeistdraws

klute

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 August, 2013, 03:36:20 PM
Quote from: klute on 21 August, 2013, 03:26:49 PM
Whether it will feature any of Tales from the DogHouse...

Not sure why you think it would - it's just a B-format (small, budget) reprint of Portrait of a Mutant, as it says.

Indeed but i can live in hope, i just really wish they would stick them in somewhere which is why i posted them in here.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Dark Jimbo

S' certainly not beyond the realms of possibility - most (all?) of the Garth Ennis/Peter Hogan Strontium Dogs run has appeared in the Megazine softbound reprint books, so Tales... may well appear at some point.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 August, 2013, 04:09:59 PM
S' certainly not beyond the realms of possibility - most (all?) of the Garth Ennis/Peter Hogan Strontium Dogs run has appeared in the Megazine softbound reprint books, so Tales... may well appear at some point.

Still a good bit of the Hogan run to reprint I think ('Alphabet Man', 'High Moon', 'The Mutant Sleeps Tonight' and 'Hate & War'.
Even if you're not a fan of the story-line, some great art my Simon Harrison, Nigel Dobbyn, Trevor Hairsine and Mark Harrison to look forward to.
'High Moon' was the best art Mark Harrison ever produced for the Prog IMO.