Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well we were talking about Deerhoof over at another thread in these parts and I'm delighted to say after a bit of a gap I'm back on Da 'Hoof trail as they are playing the Brudenell 25th Feb. I'm so there!

Jim_Campbell

Just to report that the Fields of the Nephilim were in fine form on Saturday night, with McCoy clearly enjoying himself (!) and fine renditions of most of the classics. Talk earlier this year of a new album gains some momentum with the addition of a previously unheard instrumental and a brand new song to the running order.

I've been seeing this band whenever practical since 1988 and Saturday was as good as any gig since that first Rock City gig.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Albion

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 December, 2014, 05:04:02 PM
Just to report that the Fields of the Nephilim were in fine form on Saturday night......

Indeed they were. It was an excellent gig.
Much better than when I last saw them in 2007. For some reason that show, at the London Astoria I believe, didn't quite grab me. They sounded much more like the Neph this time.
I'd still love to see the original lineup but Saturday night was marvellous and it restored my faith in Nephilim gigs once again.
Magnificent.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

I, Cosh

So, it's a New Year with plenty of new gigs to enjoy. What's coming up for you?

Inga Copeland and others at Haus der elektronischen Künste this Friday. Can't think of many better tracks from last year than My Advice to Young Girls.

Gazelle Twin at the same place next Saturday. I wasn't blown away by her last album but it's the kind of thing which may well benefit from some live volume.

Might go to DJ Shadow on the 30th depending on whether or not I'm away for the weekend.

The big news, for me, is that the mighty Prolapse are getting back together. A couple of gigs supporting Mogwai in June to start with and hopefully something more to come.
We never really die.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Cosh on 14 January, 2015, 01:19:25 PM
So, it's a New Year with plenty of new gigs to enjoy. What's coming up for you?

In Bristol in March the legendary Dr John will be playing as well as the glorious Lester Freamon himself Clarke Peters!

QuoteOriginally from New York, he began his career as a street busker in France before getting his first professional job in a French theatre production. In the 1970's, he moved to London and formed a soul band called The Majestics, singing on such classics as Joan Armatrading's Love and Affection and Heatwave's Boogie Nights, and he also wrote two musical theatre productions including Five Guys Names Moe which ran for over four years in the West End.

For this special show, Peters returns to his roots to pay tribute to the musical heroes who personally touched his life. These include Louis Jordan, a pioneering musician who wrote music for Clarke's musical, jazz vocalist Joe Williams and legendary swing singer Billy Eckstine.

:o Blimey. His creative output is not just doll's house furniture then...

Also - the amazing Turbowolf are playing an £8 show at the end of April which is a definite. They're an amazing live band.

DaveGYNWA

Just 2 Anathema gigs lined up so far - first in March @ Winchester Cathedral, doing an 2 hour acoustic set and looking forward to that. Second in April, up in London, and that's going to be a doozy - will be covering all their musical output back to their death/doom origins and will have guest appearances from ex-members of the band.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Link Prime

Guilty secret revelation; I managed to procure two (bloody expensive) tickets for Fleetwood Mac in Dublin this summer.

I can't bloody wait for it. Yes, I am that sad.

I, Cosh

Well, it's zero for two so far, having decided a show starting at 1am wasn't what I needed when having to work last Saturday and being back in Glasgow this weekend.

So, to try and makes things a bit more definite, I bought tickets to see Bjork in New York at Easter. Quite interested in any other potential rhyming gigs: U2 at the zoo, AC/DC at the bottom of the sea, that sort of thing.
We never really die.

Jacqusie

Just got tickets for Nadine Shah in April at the deaf inst - Manc - she's awesome.

Gutted to have missed out on The Maccabees warm up gig at Sheff Leadmill this week, but happy I got Elbow tickets for my birthday in a few weeks in Manc.

Si

Keef Monkey

Just bought tickets for Mogwai's 2 night residency at the Barrowlands, looking forward to it. Being their 20th anniversary shows I'm hoping for 2 different sets and a lot of digging through the back catalogues. It's been surprisingly long since they played Christmas Steps or Like Herod at a gig I attended.

Albion

Masters Of Reality, The Garage, London. May 16th. Oh yes!

sheridan

Quote from: Spikes on 17 October, 2014, 05:11:16 PM
Off to see the Growlers at the Roadhouse in Manchester next month.
And which band is going to be on while you're 'seeing the growlers' ;-)

sheridan

Quote from: Albion on 09 December, 2014, 06:32:49 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 December, 2014, 05:04:02 PM
Just to report that the Fields of the Nephilim were in fine form on Saturday night......

Indeed they were. It was an excellent gig.
Much better than when I last saw them in 2007. For some reason that show, at the London Astoria I believe, didn't quite grab me. They sounded much more like the Neph this time.
I'd still love to see the original lineup but Saturday night was marvellous and it restored my faith in Nephilim gigs once again.
Magnificent.

I saw the 2007 Astoria show as well - good, but not what they would have been back in the day (I was too young first time around).
But then I saw them at M'era Luna (German outdoor festival) a few years later and they were on much better form.  They managed to sing Dawnrazor as the sun went down as well!  Not bad, considering New Model Army had played just before - hard act to follow...

Albion

Arthur Brown. St. Pauls, Worthing. February 21st.

I saw him perform with Hawkwind a few years ago and he was marvellous. I've never seen him on his own before, should be fun.

Jacqusie

Got my Charlatans tickets for Manc today... hoorahh!   :)

New album is much better than the last efforts and I've never actually got to see them as a band (only TB), so looking forward to it.