Main Menu

Re: Leaving Rowdy

Started by Matt, 25 February, 2002, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Iz thad hough iz speldt?

Yes, I'm afraid I type faster than I can spell, or alas, sometimes think.  I have invented a device to directly tanslate my thoughts into words, but it only exists in a story I writ (sic), though I have the schematics on the inside tray of a pack of swan vestas if anyone wants to try to secure funding for a grant.

Unfortunately my identity must remain public domain, the secret to working out the jimmy is to take out the word 'von'.  I have no claim to any germanic noble heritage.  It is the most damnable of lies.

Anyway, I have a few more posts here to make before I head off to the serial killers chat room. (Every room is either a basement, attic or chest freezer)

PVS

Wood

RE: that Golden Condom thing.

I read an article about the band. Looking at the photos, all I could think was, 'don't fancy yours much.'

Hell, if they were chucking the condom anywhere near me, I'd be ducking.

Is that politically incorrect?

Mudcrab

> Isn't the reference to the League as in 'Human' though?

*cough* *splutter* I certainly hope NOT!!! Why the hell would they refer to a bunch of wankers like that???? And if someone would rather see the Human League than stay at the party, then they're a very very sad person.

I immediately thought of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

IndigoPrime

"The Tharg story is telling - First of all you have Pat Mills being more interested in his non 2000AD characters"

Well, *if* (and it's a big 'if') Mills could get Marshal Law back to the quality of those early Issues, I'd love to see it in 2000 AD

paulvonscott

Yeah, I suspect it's got more to do with a bit of blatant self promotion for the cool beans site (i'm surprised there wasn't an ad hidden away in it).  

The sad thing is he chose Marshall Law when he has created some of 2000AD's best character.  Not that I don't like ML.  

Still it was fun and I can't see a Dredd/Marshall Law crossover (oh yeah!) happening soon, so I can't get too hot and bothered about it.

Leigh S

I've discovered who Requiem is:- according to the back cover blurb of the Slaine book Pat "is currently writing book three in his best-selling Requiem- Vampire Knight series for editions nickel of France".