Main Menu

Comics from Amsterdam

Started by satchmo, 12 January, 2003, 05:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

I've heard tell of a really good comic shop in Amsterdam,but can't remember what its called.has anyone been there?,I'm going in March and I want to know where to get my copies of Tom Puss in Rhymeland : )

Devons Daddy

every thing seems great in amsterdam about two hours after you arrive.and visit your first coffee shop.
likely it was a guy selling papers and a copy of 2000ad at the road side.
but if was the first thing you saw upon leaving said coffee shop. it was WONDERFUL.
;~)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

GordonR

Don't know if its the really good one you've been told about, but there's a good enough comics shop at the bottom of Zeeeduik, just where it feeds into the Nieuwmarkt (big old square full of bars and cafes, at the centre of the Old Quarter, just a minute or two from the Red Light District).  

There's a famous coffee shop called something like 'The Joker' just opposite it.  Can't miss either of them.

It doesn't seem to sell 2000AD though :

judge dreddd

Walk around the red light district and drugy areas saying 'pssst seen any comic shops'.

satchmo

I've since found out its called Lambiek or something similar,I'll find it,maybe I'll need a shmoke and a pancake on the way,who knows? : )