Main Menu

It's Turner Prize time again!

Started by Art, 08 May, 2007, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

TBH Looking at the slideshow They're a rather sedate bunch compared with last year. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Iraq Protest guy is going to win for reasons unrelated to quality of art, though personally I like some of Nathan Coleys stuff.

Link: http://arts.guardian.co.uk/gallery/2007/may/08/turner2007?picture=329813894" target="_blank">http://arts.guardian.co.uk/gallery/2007/may/08/tur

ttp://image.guardian.co.uk/Arts/gallery/2007/may/08/turner2007/miracles-9552.jpg">

Peter Wolf

I am going to see if Jimmy  Cauty is going to dump a dead sheep on their doorstep again.

You cant talk about the million quid being burnt as he refuses to talk about it for 23 years.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Quirkafleeg

>I am going to see if Jimmy Cauty is going to dump a dead sheep on their doorstep again.

Errr that was the Brit awards. See 'K Foundation' for their Turner baiting antics.

Oh and he's talked about the Burning about a Million  Quid. It wasn't about the money it was to see it burn...

Bit of a boring selection this year...

Coleys stuff has a bit of the sublime Shed-Boat-Shed to it and should be suitably Mail-reader baiting.

Wallinger is clearly head and shoulders above the rest. Which might mean he won't win... see the Chapman Brothers the other year and Tracy and her bed.

Peter Wolf

thats right i had got that mixed up .  

Peter Wolf

Forgive the double thread.    You mentioned the Chapman  Brothers and tracy Emin.  i just have to tell you this.   I was working as part of a team restoring a very important building in Brighton  .there were 4 fireplaces that were stored in the Momart ware house in london.   This is the one that went up in smoke with all the art works by Tracy Emin etc were too as well as all the priceless antiques that were lost.   The value of the fireplaces was 1,250,000 in all.  i went up with someone else to gather the remains.

Another coincidence. I am not trying to namedrop   but i used to know  Jake  Chapman at school.A friend used to play in punk bands with Jake.     I wont name drop any more as i have done it 3 times in all and it is a bit of a naff thing to do