Main Menu

V verses Scientology

Started by Bad Andy, 11 February, 2008, 09:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Man, it will be ironic when in 100 years time the 'Spurrier's Church of Bec and Kawl - come to me you all' is the scene of a similar scene.

House of Usher

The protestors went on to describe Operating Thetan levels - pyramid spiritual states that CoS members can achieve based on their level of monetary donations.

Like collecting experience points in Dungeons and Dragons!

And like the old Catholic church, where you could buy pardons and indulgences. Of course, we all know it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but once upon a time, it really was widely believed that you could buy your way in. How strange to see a modern day flying saucer cult resurrecting that old tradition!
STRIKE !!!

Steve Green

It could have been worse, he could have asked when the next issue of Gutsville was coming out...

- Steve

Peter Wolf

I will do to see if what you are saying is right.I also know someone who is into Scientology bashing so if i find out anything interesting i will post it here.

There are a lot of similarities between COS and Nazism as well.

Its also a bit annoying as i missed this as by coincidence i was in that part of London the day before.Forbidden Planet were selling the V masks.

As far as i know they are still in brighton as they have offices here but they never stall out anymore with their ridiculous stress testing machines which are basically a plastic box with 2 electrodes and a VU meter.

All yours for just over 1000 quid each by the way.

Dont all rush at once please.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Richmond Clements

There are a lot of similarities between COS and Nazism as well.

Hey! That's the Pope's political party of choice- how dare they muscle in!

Adrian Bamforth

Could he look any more like an evil Bond villain?

the shutdown man

"Could he look any more like an evil Bond villain?"

Well, he obviously doesn't have the standard facial scar/missing hand/metal teeth/diamond skin/etc. going on, but since his chest is covered, there is the possibility of a third nipple.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

satchmo

It looks like a publicity photo from a remake of Omen 3.

Byron Virgo

"West Hampstead, where the streets are covered in shit and there are absolutely no inconvenient protests whatsoever?"

Like funk they are - smackhounds shooting up like it was a Jolly Junkie Christmas, certainly, but no greater shit-to-pavement ratio than anywhere else in London.

Unless you were thinking of the horses, of course.

Anyway, scientology...

Link: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31006" target="_blank">All-Hail The Church of Fictionology

El Spurioso

Bullstomm.  West Hampstead's the confused cleft between the buttocks of rich-but-tedious Hampstead and the filthy-but-interesting Kilburn.  The upshot is that the place is heaving with skinny jeans and Yaryars and has an enviably low crime rate, but no funker bothers to sweep the streets.  

Been living here a year now, guv, I know whereof I speak.

And no, I can't afford it any more.

Peter Wolf

Photobucket

These pics are off the Churchofgive usyermoneyology website.

The first pic looks like they have been very busy developing their own Gaming Console.

The DianetXbox.

Not a bad looking thing either and i cant wait to try the games.

Wait till Microsoft see this.

The second pic is one of their own fascistic/totalitarian logos with its map of the globe in the background.No prizes for guessing that they have delusions of grandeur then.It features their own peculiar symbolism  one being a microphone ,the second a 4 layered pyramid ,the 3rd 3 triangles or Pyramids linked by an S.

There is a stylised wreath on the outer edge which is masonic or illuminati symbolism and in the background their own bastardised version of greek classical architecture .

Its all very cliched.

What can it all mean ?

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

The thing that always got me was: of all the SF writers to ivnent a religion, why'd it have to be bloody Hubbard?  I mean, why not Jack Vance or even ruddy Piers Anthony?  At least there'd be plenty of sex.  Just thank grud Dick and Delaney never got in the act.

SamuelAWilkinson

stylised wreath on the outer edge which is masonic or illuminati symbolism

Behave. It's a wreath. Everybody likes wreaths, not just crazy undercover rules of the world.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!