Main Menu

Mark Millar: Looking for 1-page "Future Shocks"

Started by Jim_Campbell, 20 April, 2010, 07:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Via PJ, Mark Millar is looking for self-contained Future Shock-style one pagers for an as-yet undisclosed project.

Paying gig, apparently. Related to the "artist hunt" thread of a few weeks ago? Wait and see, says MM.

No ongoing stories, though.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Emperor

Someone should give Henry Flint and Adrian Bamforth a nudge as they have both been writer/artists for one pagers.

Not sure if this is for a single person or a team (although someone has just asked over there so we'll know soon enough). I'd be interested in giving it a shot as I have a few single pagers under my belt (all colour and all on the back pages of FQP titles): "No Laughing Matter" (with Steven Denton in Something Wicked #4), "Inseminhate" (with Paul Williams in Something Wicked #5) and "Imaginary Friends" (with Neil Pettitt in FutureQuake #11). I also have a few single page stories in my notes.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jim_Campbell

pauljholden

Handy that, for when I draw up this Mighty Al Ewing one pager and pimp it too - I will also bring up Murderdrome... as being available, monthly and short...

-pj

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 20 April, 2010, 08:44:45 PM
Handy that, for when I draw up this Mighty Al Ewing one pager and pimp it too - I will also bring up Murderdrome... as being available, monthly and short...

-pj

Shit! Would you like me to change the sample page I just put up? I thought it might appeal to MM's sense of humour.

Cheers

Jim

James

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 20 April, 2010, 08:44:45 PM
being available, monthly and short...

Is that the wording for your lonely hearts ad, PJ? :-P

Cheers!

Jim

pauljholden

God, don't remove it! I meant what I said: it's useful someone else pimped it! (though it may look like a co-ordinated attack :)

-pj
ps re:lonely hearts... grrr...

Jim_Campbell

Jim_Campbell

Art

That thread is a lot of fun. Good to see a strong showing from various 2000ad board and FutureQuake contributors. 

Emperor

Quote from: Art on 20 April, 2010, 11:47:44 PM
That thread is a lot of fun. Good to see a strong showing from various 2000ad board and FutureQuake contributors.

Indeed. It is a remit that'd suit folks here as we are used to that level of compression in our comics, even then it is a tricky format to write for - it depends on what he is looking for but even monthly a one-off one pager could see a rapid drop-off in quality unless you could establish a setting over recurring character. We'll see what happens.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Kev Levell

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: KevLev on 21 April, 2010, 08:59:02 AM
Grrr! I don't have any one pagers!

If only there were some aspiring scripters on this board who could write one for you! :-P

Cheers!

Jim