Freebies and/or bargains

Started by bluemeanie, 19 April, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: bluemeanie on 08 July, 2013, 06:48:19 PM
You can currently grab Infinity Blade 2 for ios for free in itunes

Got it Blue, cheers.

bluemeanie

Half life franchise all cheap as hell on Steam till tomorrow. Half Life 2 is less than £2

iOS-wise.... Peggle HD is WELL worth getting if you dont already have. Great game for when you have 5 mins to kill and free at the moment. Same for Flight Control HD

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: bluemeanie on 09 July, 2013, 10:37:43 PM
Half life franchise all cheap as hell on Steam till tomorrow. Half Life 2 is less than £2

And once you get those (and you really should), you can go and download the mods. I would recommend Minerva and the Stanley Parable. There's also a mod that lets you play the original half-life with the HL2 engine, it's called Black Mesa. Good Steam.
You may quote me on that.

I, Cosh

Quote from: bluemeanie on 08 July, 2013, 06:48:19 PM
You can currently grab Infinity Blade 2 for ios for free in itunes
Nice one. Never actually been able to beat the last guy on the first one but I'll still give this a whirl.
We never really die.

Rog69

Bioshock Infinite for 57% off (PC version for Steam)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=bioshock+infinite

There are discounts on the console versions on the above link too.

It works out at 14.99 for the PC version which is cheaper that the daily deal on the Steam summer sale today  :D

There's a discount code you can use too, not sure how much extra it knocks off - GMG20-F202F-UI40F

I'm pretty sure this expires at midnight.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Well, thanks for that! I just got Bioshock Infinite for £12.
Lock up your spoons!

bluemeanie

Humble Bundle > https://www.humblebundle.com/

For $5 which was £3.49 I just got....

Sacred 2
Risen 2
Saints Row 2
Saints Row 3 and all DLC
Dead Island GOTY Edition with all DLC

If you haven't played Saints Row 3, which I nabbed on a steam flash sale for about a fiver last year, its STRONGLY recommended. Think GTA but with a really OTT sense of humour to it.

Best part? Well the price... but the above give you steam codes so if you're a steam junkie like me and like all your acheivements and other pointless crap it's all in there

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: bluemeanie on 30 July, 2013, 07:27:13 PM
Humble Bundle > https://www.humblebundle.com/

For $5 which was £3.49 I just got....

Sacred 2
Risen 2
Saints Row 2
Saints Row 3 and all DLC
Dead Island GOTY Edition with all DLC

If you haven't played Saints Row 3, which I nabbed on a steam flash sale for about a fiver last year, its STRONGLY recommended. Think GTA but with a really OTT sense of humour to it.

Best part? Well the price... but the above give you steam codes so if you're a steam junkie like me and like all your acheivements and other pointless crap it's all in there

Beat me to it! I have always wondered what Saints Row and Dead Island are like. Now I can find out
Lock up your spoons!

bluemeanie

Just replayed the first half hour of Saints Row The Third. It really is like they wrote a game just for me.

Funny,violent, seriously over the top stupid action and great music... once you disable the rap radio stations
LOVE IT

Professor Bear

You've still the ace zombie breakout to get to, Meanie - and the levels where you play as a talking toilet with a gun.
Saints Row 3 was a revelation, especially after those dreadful first two games that initially - and unfairly - made me dismiss it outright as sub-GTA garbage.  I honestly couldn't give a shit about GTA5, but I'm super-stoked for Saints Row 4.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 30 July, 2013, 11:28:15 PM
those dreadful first two games that initially - and unfairly - made me dismiss it outright as sub-GTA garbage.

I had completely dismissed this series after the 1st one, same sentiment as yourself Prof.
After reading some of the above posts, the 3rd one is on my hit list.

bluemeanie

DLC pack includes the chum gun

You shoot it, cover people with fish guts... AND A SHARK BURSTS THROUGH THE FLOOR AND EATS THEM!

this makes me happy

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: bluemeanie on 31 July, 2013, 04:02:05 PM
DLC pack includes the chum gun

You shoot it, cover people with fish guts... AND A SHARK BURSTS THROUGH THE FLOOR AND EATS THEM!

this makes me happy

I'd previously turned my nose up at SR3, but that does sound bloody brilliant!

GrudgeJohnDeed

Crackdown is now free for download for xbox live gold members until the 15th, apparently Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero will be free from the 16th to the end of the month!

Never really been into dead rising, but i didnt try DR2, so for free, why on earth not. Ive played the bobbins out of crackdown but ill download it (and shortly after cancel the download), so if i ever fancy it i have digital rights to a copy!

Radbacker

What is with Microsoft throwing up all these free games, we've gotten Fable 3 (pretty average but free!!!),  Assasins Creed 2 which is actually pretty ace (never followed the series as the first was just a bore but this one definatly a step up) and as mentioned Crackdown is up this week.  All open world game with hunreds of hours gameplay and dont cost a cent, are MIcrosoft sucking up over the poorly recieved (and very poorley marketed) XBone debarcle?

I'm currently playing Machwarrior Online, very proffesional Free to Play PC game based on the old Battletech 3050 tabletop game and the old Mechwarrior PC games.  Unfortunatly no single player and if you dont want to drop any $ a bit of a grind to get enough C-Bills to get a new Mech but lots of fun and very competent, its certainly not Pay to Win like a lot of these so called free to play games but certainly good enough to get me to drop a few $ on camo scemes, paint and the like to give the developers what they deserve.

CU Radbacker