Main Menu

Freebies and/or bargains

Started by bluemeanie, 19 April, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Argos has an offer on the PS Vita WiFi model together with an 8GB memory card including download codes for 10 free games from the PS Store including Wipeout 2046, Little Big Planet, Lemmings and Motorstorm RC all for £169.99.

That's the best deal I've seen for a while. I've just reserved one at my local store but they only had 2 left!

Link Prime

That's a great deal alright James.
I'm still gonna pass on this generation of Sony's handheld though- I barely have enough time to play my 3DS as it is.
And of course GTA V is gonna be taking up a lot of my spare time / sleep allocated time very soon.

amines2058

Ea humble bundle has just come up on hot UK deals about eight games including sims 3 Battlefield 3 medal of honor dead space burnout paradise crysis 2 and mirrors edge. All for the princely sum of £3.33. All are steam keys.  Be quick ad the price will probably rise. Sent from phone so please excuse grammar

Goaty

All games of Red Faction for £6 on Steam, is it enjoyable game or not?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Goaty on 15 August, 2013, 07:30:30 PM

All games of Red Faction for £6 on Steam, is it enjoyable game or not?

Played the most recent once, Guerllia, recently and it felt very dated. Fun blowing stuff up for a little while, though.

Haven't tried any others. I think they are all iterations of each other. It depends on how much you like blowing up buildings and other stuff.
Lock up your spoons!

shaolin_monkey

The Red Faction before last was prob the best one, IMHO. The buildings were all totally destructible!  It was free roaming too. One mission had you taking out a massive canyon-spanning bridge, with one well aimed shot. It was like a massive 3D version of Angry Birds.  Thoroughly enjoyable if you like blowing shit up.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: Radbacker on 05 August, 2013, 08:58:23 AM
What is with Microsoft throwing up all these free games, we've gotten Fable 3 (pretty average but free!!!),  Assasins Creed 2 which is actually pretty ace (never followed the series as the first was just a bore but this one definatly a step up) and as mentioned Crackdown is up this week.  All open world game with hunreds of hours gameplay and dont cost a cent, are MIcrosoft sucking up over the poorly recieved (and very poorley marketed) XBone debarcle?

I dont think its a direct result of the E3 debacle, theyre just trying to compete directly with Sony. Sony's Playstation Plus service has been offering free games for a long time now, and they actually offer some quite recent and fantastic games (so MS have lots of work to do still). theres potential for MS to lose plenty of its userbase with the coming of a new generation.

Goaty

Now Aliens: Colonial Marines £3.74 on Steam...  :o

sheldipez

Quote from: Goaty on 31 August, 2013, 10:49:39 AM

That was quick... and deserved from what I've heard. It's up there with Duke Nukem Forever.

shaolin_monkey

Ooh, good find! Despite the shocking reviews, it got to be worth £3.74 surely?!?

Goaty

It only 24 hours sale up to 6pm tonight. I just bought it for laugh to see what it likes... Still installed...

The Enigmatic Dr X

I nearly bought it... but then I saw

THE CHAOS ENGINE
Lock up your spoons!

sheldipez

Disposable Heroes are having a bit of a sale at the moment - a bunch of the old IDW Dredds are reduced starting from £1.53 bagged, boarded and delivered if anyone wants to try it out on the cheap, or acquire some variants.

edit: this should probable be posted outside of the Games thread! DOH!

IAMTHESYSTEM

The campaign lasts about 7 hours though this was on the RECRUIT the easiest level. The gameplay is a little leaden but  you get a choice of weaponry assault rifle,shotgun etc and can even find guns from the Movie 'Aliens' like Vesquez's Smart gun,frosts flamethrower.

Guns can be upgraded by earning points enabling you to obtain silencers or better explosive grenades but the Smart gun is something you acquire in the game; it's not a default weapon and you soon burn through it's 600 rounds anyway so if you fancied yourself blazing away like Drake, it happens but very rarely. The weapons are ok but the Aliens can take a lot of damage and I found myself firing with the assault rifle only to see the Alien warrior I'd been blastin' leap at me, seemingly unaffected by 10mm hailstorm. Controlled bursts and try and hit the head if you can.

It's very linear; go to here, fight Aliens; go to this corridor, fight more Aliens. You get buddies who accompany you a lot of the time but they can be a mixed blessing firing at some Aliens while apparently oblivious to other ones so the AI isn't great. If an Alien gets close and you shoot it your armour is usually damaged by about a third as the acid explodes everywhere which is pretty annoying. Theres a quite a bit of ammunition but I did run out of bullets on one gun the battle rifle and a shotgun too but if you press 'B' [on  the PC]  and select a new one it's fully stocked with ammo.  This is something I found out on the internet the hud for the game is very poor info wise. Only the upgrade page was clear and informative.

There is a 'sneak through' where you are weaponless, surrounded by Aliens and have to make as little noise as possible or die which some gamers dislike intensely and your weapons don't effect the Pred-alien  or make much of an impact on the Alien Queen either -so why bother having them if there so useless Game makers? Xenos filth aren't the only enemy evil Weyland Yutani corporate mercenaries can be tough too particularly if they got a Sentry gun with them.

Basically if you didn't like Aliens vs Predators you properly won't care for Colonial Marines. Is it worth £3.74?

Let's put it this way you shouldn't pay a penny more for it IMHO.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

bluemeanie

Yeah, def worth £3.74. It's back to £15 now. For that I'd say it's only for the hardcore Alien completist.

Cant tell if it's still free, won't show the price now I got it, but Star Wars pinball was a giveaway this morning. Only gives you the one table but for bugger all it's well worth it. Plays really nice on the ipad, might be a bit tight on an iphone screen. Free tho so give it a shot.
You get the Empire Strikes Back table. There's also Boba Fett and Clone Wars ones as in-app purchases