Main Menu

Rok Of The Reds

Started by broodblik, 03 March, 2021, 04:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I have backed the kickstarter for Rok the God. It was a great read. Now I see that Rok Of The Reds is finally available in digital format and my question is, is it worthwhile getting if you have already read Rok the God? I am quite tempted since this is John Wagner for crying out loud.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 03 March, 2021, 04:37:49 AM
is it worthwhile getting if you have already read Rok the God?

If you enjoyed RtG, I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy 'Reds'. The scale is smaller — less space stuff, more stuff on Earth, possibly a little more football, but the tone is largely the same with the balance between humour and action. Dan's art and Abby's colours are marvellous throughout.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

I am convince I will get it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 March, 2021, 08:13:11 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 03 March, 2021, 04:37:49 AM
is it worthwhile getting if you have already read Rok the God?

If you enjoyed RtG, I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy 'Reds'. The scale is smaller — less space stuff, more stuff on Earth, possibly a little more football, but the tone is largely the same with the balance between humour and action. Dan's art and Abby's colours are marvellous throughout.

How's the lettering in it?
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Everyone should own Rok of the Reds (and Rok the God) to not do so reduces your humanity.

Dan Cornwell als has some art for sale at the moment from his Facebook page - but please don't look as I'm still making my mind up about which page I want...

broodblik

The only problem is to get it on my iPad to read, so up in the clouds we go

IndigoPrime

Where is it in digital? Is it DRM-free (CBR or PDF)? I'd like to buy it, but need it to be usable in a reader I can tolerate.

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 March, 2021, 01:09:06 PM
Where is it in digital? Is it DRM-free (CBR or PDF)? I'd like to buy it, but need it to be usable in a reader I can tolerate.

It is in a PDF format. Quite big almost 1GB

IndigoPrime

Direct from the website, too, which presumably means the creators get more money. I'll add that to the forward list.

maryanddavid

For those who have not got this yet, get it, it's really good fun.