Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

uncle fester

Sir Bobby Robson has manged his last game of football. A gent in an era of money grabbing morally bereft cretins.

satchmo

It's very sad news about Bobby Robson, he was at a charity match at Newcastle just last week, but looked very frail. A lovely man who will be sorely missed.

Buddy

Richmond Clements

Buddy

Well, I do currently live in Bangor, which is actually quite a nice place to live. From my door I have pubs, restaurants, beach, marina, parks, takeaways, off license, public transport, library, leisure centre, hospital/health center, Asda, tesco, co-op and all manner of shopping all within walking distance, not to mention the totty flaunting itself on hot summer days.

It took me half an hour to find a pub that did food at lunchtime when I was camping in Larn recently, I eventually got directions from a pub with a sign saying 'restaurant upstairs' to tell me where to go to get food (which was lovley).

But, I did spend most of my youth in Antrim and that didn't have much more to offer than Larne for a teenager. Gettin away from there was a blessed relief.

Eric Plumrose

Cornetto theft no longer a public concern.

Renato Pagliari
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Goaty

John Hughes, Director of The Breadfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off; Planes, Trains & Automobiles and classic Weird Science;
dammit!

he was 59...

DavidXBrunt

Did anyonse see the Beebs one o clock news? There was a frosty moment where the presenter asked someone to share his memories of Harry Patch.

"I don't think it would be appropriate to speak through the minutes silence, do you?"

"...er...back to the studio".

TordelBack

QuoteJohn Hughes, Director of The Breadfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off; Planes, Trains & Automobiles and classic Weird Science;
dammit!

Aw crap.

House of Usher

Quote from: DavidXBrunt on 06 August, 2009, 10:45:27 PM
Did anyone see the Beebs one o clock news?

I did.

Quote from: DavidXBrunt on 06 August, 2009, 10:45:27 PM
There was a frosty moment where the presenter asked someone to share his memories of Harry Patch.

"I don't think it would be appropriate to speak through the minutes silence, do you?"

"...er...back to the studio".

What a pillock!
STRIKE !!!

Dunk!

Quote from: Goaty on 06 August, 2009, 10:34:00 PM
John Hughes, Director of The Breadfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off; Planes, Trains & Automobiles and classic Weird Science;
dammit!

Looking up his output on IMDB i realised my teen years were peppered by great john Hughes movies; Planes, Trains and Automobiles being the best IMHO.

Sad news.
"Trust we"

TordelBack

The more I think about John Hughes, the more I realise how many of my favourite flicks are his.  The incomparable Uncle Buck is high in my personal Top 10 (maybe even top five, to judge by how often we watch it - it forms part of a Christmas Eve double bill (with Nightmare Before Christmas) in TordelTowers), with Ferris Bueller and PT&A not far behind, and I confess an embarrassed a soft spot for The Breakfast Club and Weird Science too.  Bill Paxton as a giant poo, what's not to like.  59.  Crap.

TordelBack

Bugger, forgot to include National Lampoon's European Vacation in the 'guilty pleasures' section.  Big Ben, kids.  Houses of Parliament.

Old Tankie

You're right, TB. "Uncle Buck", what a fabulous film and John Candy, one of my favourite actors.  Sadly, he went off to the audition room in the sky many years ago.