Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

It does serve a key role as a thrill power release valve! Though I'm not super duper mad at it, the way I am with the thrills we're featuring this Thursday!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

For every silver lining there's an angry dark storm cloud. So it is in the eleventh in our series of Space Spinner 2000 Collections as we cover our least favorite thrills!  These collections have all of our coverage for a specific character or storyline, all in one place. They're a great accompaniment to reading collected versions of 2000AD, or to just hear your favorite thrill all in one place.

This time we're torturing ourselves for your fun and amusement as we collect the four thrills we've disliked the most so far in our coverage of 2000AD. It's a rogue's gallery of thrill-suckers: Colony Earth, Death Planet, Angel, and Rick Random. We'll talk about what makes these thrills so painful and what could be done to make them better. While we usually pride ourselves on being positive, sometimes you just have to release your anger!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

shaolin_monkey

Just finished episode 63 -

Jings! Crivvens! Help m'boab!! That was the second worst impression of a Scottish accent I have ever heard!!  :o :lol: :lol:

Keep up the good work guys!  :D

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 October, 2017, 09:32:41 AM
Just finished episode 63 -

Jings! Crivvens! Help m'boab!! That was the second worst impression of a Scottish accent I have ever heard!!  :o :lol: :lol:

Keep up the good work guys!  :D

You haven't even gotten to the heart of my Middenface quoting!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling sixty-eighth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 228-231 of 2000 AD, covering September of 1981. Join us as Judges Dredd and Anderson settle Death's hash, Nemesis plays the blues, we start the Kid-Knee Caper, and Rogue Trooper synths out across Nu-Earth for the first time!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Eamonn Clarke

Who is the nice robot lady voice doing the links on the collections episodes?

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 30 October, 2017, 02:08:53 PM
Who is the nice robot lady voice doing the links on the collections episodes?

It's so important to find good robot help! It's one of the voices from ttsreader.com. I figured a UK voice would fit in with the 2000AD content, and stand out from Fox and myself :D

Dandontdare

Wow, either Conrad had somewhere he had to be, or he had a full bladder, or too much recreational powders, but that was a heckuva pace! I'm reading along and could barely flip the pages fast enough!

SpaceSpinner2000

Oh no, Sorry! I got a little self conscious with the giant opening I had with Rogue Trooper. I love Rogue, but I feel like he's got so much going on that it's hard to explain with out saying a lot, and I know our shows have been getting longer and longer. Will try to avoid over correcting!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling sixty-ninth (nice) episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1981 Sci-Fi Special of 2000 AD. This Special contains some excellent Judge Dredd and Nemesis the Warlock stories, and a pair of classic One-Eyed Jack stories that caused a fair amount of debate among the the hosts.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Lobo Baggins

Ah, R. E. Wright is a stock IPC pseudonym when something's been extensively rewritten and the original author wants his name taken off it (rewrite, see!)

In this case, this one is rather historical because the original author of Southern Comfort was a young fellow by the name of Alan Moore writing his very first full length script submission.  No one seems sure exactly how much Alan Moore material is left in it, though...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

The Monarch

is that the nemesis episode which was supposed to be part of book 1 but worked enough as a one off they stuck it in the special?

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 02 November, 2017, 01:51:53 PM
Ah, R. E. Wright is a stock IPC pseudonym when something's been extensively rewritten and the original author wants his name taken off it (rewrite, see!)

In this case, this one is rather historical because the original author of Southern Comfort was a young fellow by the name of Alan Moore writing his very first full length script submission.  No one seems sure exactly how much Alan Moore material is left in it, though...

Interesting! I must say, based on the amounts of panels alone I thought that Southern Comfort was an older strip, I guess my pallette still needs to develop. I wish I had known that RE Wright thing earlier, because the upcoming annuals have him writing a lot of early thrills!

Quote from: The Monarch on 02 November, 2017, 02:35:43 PM
is that the nemesis episode which was supposed to be part of book 1 but worked enough as a one off they stuck it in the special?

I think it might be? It's pretty self contained, but I could see it taking place in the prison in Termight right before Nemesis starts the raid.

btw we're in annual season now, the rest of our 1981 coverage will have progs on Monday and Specials/Annuals/Spinnies on Thursday!

Vanilllahubby

This sc fi special was my first introduction to the galaxy's greatest! Btw is that Tom Frame in the
photo strip (second box?). Can't wait to here your opinions on ace trucking. Keep up the good work!