Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

I've often wondered about the Sam Fox thing too - when was the book originally written (and does it also reference Sam Fox)?

Leigh S

Written in 1982 - the book has a different author and more spoilery subtitle: - "How to win Elections", subtitled "Or how to vote the cemetery" by Seamus O'Neill

SpaceSpinner2000

In our action-packed first episode Jason and Conrad begin their journey through the pages of the infamous classic comic with issues 1-3 of Action! This episode a whole bunch of athletes get injured, Dredger is on the case, and Hookjaw eats a TON of people!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

If you're subscribed to the show you'll get this one too! I hope you enjoy it and that you like my friend Jason who's coming with me on this new classic comics journey!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Lobo Baggins

I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed the podcast even though I haven't said anything for a while.

I probably ought to mention that I sometimes it just doesn't occur to me to communicate for weeks or months at a time (and on one occasion, nearly a year), which has made certain things a bit tricky, like holding down a job, having a girlfriend and keeping in touch with people.

Fortunately, in the Internet age, no one notices.

I'm not dead, in other words.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Andy B

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 04 October, 2018, 04:00:05 PM
I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed the podcast even though I haven't said anything for a while.

This! Can't gush about how great the show is every week...

SpaceSpinner2000

Yeah for sure! We appreciate everyone listening, it's been an amazing run so far, and I hope you like the ReAction show!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Colin YNWA

Finished listening to first Reaction and its a great addition. Jason seems fun and nice to hear about some strips I've never read... in fact only ever read Hookjaw.

So the question this leaves us is when you going to start on Battle?

Dandontdare

Enjoyed the first Re:Action cast - I didn't actually read this as a kid, so it's fun to get the spacespinner take on stuff I'm less familiar with.

And you only called him "Fox" once!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 October, 2018, 06:49:39 PM
Finished listening to first Reaction and its a great addition. Jason seems fun and nice to hear about some strips I've never read... in fact only ever read Hookjaw.

So the question this leaves us is when you going to start on Battle?

At this point my vision is pointed forward, not back. Our next target is space nobility, but that's a 2019 plan!

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 October, 2018, 07:14:01 PM
Enjoyed the first Re:Action cast - I didn't actually read this as a kid, so it's fun to get the spacespinner take on stuff I'm less familiar with.

And you only called him "Fox" once!

At this point calling my cohost Fox is total muscle memory. That and calling every character Dredd.

AlexF

I too never got to read Action (something to do with only being born in 1978), and apart from that Hookjaw collection from Hibernia I've not managed to find any of the other stories - how does one go about reading along? The stories sound too ridiculous not to seek out!

Are you going to combine Space Nobility with Freak Weather Patterns?

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: AlexF on 06 October, 2018, 01:58:37 PM
I too never got to read Action (something to do with only being born in 1978), and apart from that Hookjaw collection from Hibernia I've not managed to find any of the other stories - how does one go about reading along? The stories sound too ridiculous not to seek out!

And then possibly about a time of intense difficulty, trouble or danger!

For reprints, I'm trying to post a bunch of screenshots on our social media, which gives you the majority of each story and should hopefully give you a sense of the stories at least!

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 05 October, 2018, 10:54:26 PM
At this point my vision is pointed forward, not back. Our next target is space nobility, but that's a 2019 plan!

A space noble?  Some sort of Star... Lord?

Hurray!  You're doing Guardians of the Galaxy!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 06 October, 2018, 02:21:10 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 06 October, 2018, 01:58:37 PM

And then possibly about a time of intense difficulty, trouble or danger!

Will you be turning around while you do it, about mid-way through the peril?

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and twenty-sixth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 403-406 of 2000AD, covering February of 1985. This week the GIs are back to the chips, Nemesis and Torquemada showdown, the Helltrekkers continue mutant fighting, and the City of the Damned concludes! Also it's our second anniversary doing the podcast! Hooray!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Lobo Baggins

Now, pay attention - this is complicated!

Nemesis Book IV era Purity Brown has Lily Munster's hair (black with white streak), in Elvira's style (big tall hair) with Patricia Morrison from the Sisters of Mercy's face (loud lipstick, huge dark eyes, nearly invisible nose) and she's wearing Emma Peel from the Avengers (not to be confused with Marvel's Avengers, which was called 'Marvel's Avengers Assemble!' over here) costume from the episode 'A Touch of Brimstone' (also worn by Dark Phoenix in an episode of Marvel's X-Men).

I hope that's perfectly clear.