Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid - QUARTERS - Brett Ewins or Cam Kennedy

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 January, 2021, 06:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: ming on 26 January, 2021, 10:08:33 AM
Has to be Cam for me (and a nice choice of Rogue page for the example here - the first page of original art I bought!).

That is a great piece to own.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Timothy

Sean SD

Link Prime

JayzusB.Christ

Oh man, that's hard.  I actually preferred Brett's Rogue to Cam's, and his ridiculously sexy young Anderson is still my favourite Anderson.

But there's no Mega City like Cam's.  Sunday Night Fever and Supersurf 7 will always be the perfect Dredd strips for me, artwise, so I'm giving this one to Kenny Who?.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Exactly what Jayzus just said, although you could add in The Taxidermist,  The Falucci Tape, The Suspect, Cardboard City, The Big Sleep and Adrian Cockroach into the 'perfect' list.

So much as I love Ewins, it's always Cam for me.

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 January, 2021, 02:48:04 PM
Exactly what Jayzus just said, although you could add in The Taxidermist,  The Falucci Tape, The Suspect, Cardboard City, The Big Sleep and Adrian Cockroach into the 'perfect' list.

So much as I love Ewins, it's always Cam for me.

Add in The Warlord and Finger of Suspicion and we're getting there...

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Rogue Judge

Andrew_J

rogue69

sixmo

Brett Ewins work is archetypal 2000AD imagery. It's future-punk anarchy. Love it, but I'm not voting against Cam Kennedy. As has been mentioned, Kennedy's future war stuff in Rogue Trooper and VCs really is top notch. Could he have done Bad Company as well as Ewins iconic effort? Yeah, I reckon he definitely could have. Ewins Rogue is very good (who can forget his version of Venus Bluegenes?), but not quite at Kennedy's level. I can't quite see a Kennedy version of Anderson Psi Division being better than Ewins's, but it wouldn't be far off. Ewins could have done some sweet skysurfer designs, but the flow of the action would never have matched Kennedy's Midnight Surfer. A Ewins version of The Taxidermist would not have been at the races at all, I reckon. Kennedy's mixture of humour and pathos is perfect as was also demonstrated in stories like Two Ton Tony Tubbs, and Kenny Who?.

In summary, Cam Kennedy is my pick here.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

DrJomster

Not an easy one, but I do love Cam's unique look. Especially on Dredd and Rogue. So that's my vote.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.