Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

(Welcome, Jade.) I know I was disappointed that AW hasn't been coloured but these really are scrotnig books. Haven't read Shamballa or Satan for yonks - really looking forward to that. Looking forward to Origins, too. Hope I can stay the course.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

I'm not going to be able to resist this series.

I picked up issue 3 (36!) today. Even though I read The Apocalypse War in Case Files 5 not that long ago, I am itching to tuck into this, as I caught up with listening to the Thrill Casts this weekend.

Pye-Parr mentioned in the Thrill Cast that the fine minimalist cover designs of the Mega Collection were influenced by a French hardback Batman collection (as suggested by Hachette). I guess it could be these beauties: http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/batman-dark-knight-returns-annee-un.html

And do check out the rest of that fine blog – 2000AD collections are also featured.

Mike Carroll

Now I can relax! Books 2 & 3 have arrived - two whole weeks after the mug! - along with the badge (which, in my biased opinion, isn't as good as the Termight Replicas badge. Both books are a little damaged at the corners, but otherwise not too bad. Not so bad that I'll be requesting replacements.

Had a quick flip through and the contents look pretty nice indeed.

-- Mike

Jade Falcon

I did resist the temptations of the case files as there are, especially in the early years a lot of throwaway stories.  Some have aged better than others, and I would prefer a highlights.  It's true the price is good as recently I was looking at a Star Wars graphic novel in WH Smiths, far thinner and in softcover, and it was around the 13 quid mark.  So a larger hardcover is a good price.  When you think that new novels nowadays are about £8 rrp assuming a supermarket or whatever isn't running them cheaper, they really are good value.  The quality of the paper too is nice.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

On responses from Hachette, I heard back first-thing from someone who wanted my address. I replied and have been informed replacements for damaged items will be on the way as soon as possible.

Mike Carroll

Just had a thought... Aren't we supposed to get coasters with our second delivery? (I had a flick back through the pages here - until I got bored - but no one's mentioned them!)

COMMANDO FORCES

Didn't you get yours?

I would hazard a guess that we shall get these on the third delivery (for some). Perhaps they expected the second delivery to be after people bought the first one in the shops and the first delivery was book two and three, with the badge and mug! This moves the timetable of deliveries back, or forward :-X

Anzati

Yeah, the site didn't make the gifts delivery very clear and does seem to assume that people are subscribing from issue 2 onwards. The small print on the subscribe page clears it up a bit:

For subscribers starting with issue 1, your first delivery will be issue 1 packaged by itself.

With your second delivery you will receive two issues (one FREE), and your FREE Replica Judge Dredd® Badge, and your FREE Takeaway Mug.

For people starting with issues 2, 3, or 4 you will receive two issues (one FREE), with the above gifts with your first delivery. Please note, these will be packaged in two batches.

With your second delivery, you will receive your FREE Judge Dredd® Tin Coasters (for people starting from issue 1, this will be delivered with your third delivery).

With your fourth delivery, you will receive your FREE Judge Dredd® Metal Bookends (for people starting from issue 1, this will be delivered with your fifth delivery.

Edit: It's also in the FAQ a few threads below :)

Mike Carroll

Ah, thanks, Anzati! (I blame my lack of knowledge on my ancient laptop which can't seem to stay on-line for more than a couple of minutes at a time: I did try to visit the Mega Collection site, but it kept losing the connection.)

-- Mike

COMMANDO FORCES

Johnny Vegas has got his

QuoteIs there a problem here citizen? Had my #JudgeDreddMegaCollection goodies awaiting my return home, cheers @2000AD

COMMANDO FORCES

In the back of my mind I've been thinking that I'd seen the red on the black and white image type of style before and in the world of Dredd. I finally remembered to have a look while sat at the computer and I was correct, as IDW did some of these with their special editions.

Jamie1000013

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 February, 2015, 04:50:17 PM
In the back of my mind I've been thinking that I'd seen the red on the black and white image type of style before and in the world of Dredd. I finally remembered to have a look while sat at the computer and I was correct, as IDW did some of these with their special editions.

Is that handsigned by Carlos Esquerra or is it a digital sig?

Love the fact that they had a Russian Michael Parkinson in Apocalypse, his name was hilarious. First time reading this and block mania and it was really good. Can't wait for the next 2 and the thrillcasts!

Skullmo

Those pages are from the IDW special edition, not only are the images hand signed but they are hand drawn! You got a piece of original art with the book.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Anzati

My replacement issue 4 arrived today (exactly one week after it appeared on my account, so that seems to be the timescale for delivery). So far I'm quite happy with the customer service...although I've still not got by badge...

IndigoPrime

I got two packages this morning: a replacement Apocalypse War, and a new badge (which I didn't ask for—I'd merely said mine were busted). The book was encased in bubble wrap, itself inside a bubble-wrap envelope. It arrived in perfect condition. If only that was the default mailing format (although I imagine it's more time-consuming and expensive than the card sleeve).