Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 05 January, 2022, 02:33:21 PM
Sounds like 3 books of Strontium Dogs/Durham Red.

Wow! Wouldn't gave thought there'd be enough material. My hope for The Scarlet Apocrypha revives...
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 November, 2020, 01:39:58 PM
I'd rather have Leviathan packaged with another horrot tale or two: Necronauts, Cradlegrave, A Love Liked Blood, etc...

And I'm reviving this prediction - I still think Leviathan will be packaged with Necronauts...
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

My guess for the next 2 Strontium Dogs books is something like:

Strontium Dogs Vol 2: Garth Ennis  (181)
Monsters (60)
Return Of The Gronk (48)
How The Gronk Got His Heartses (12)
The Darkest Star (61)

Strontium Dogs Vol 3: Peter Hogan (213)
Crossroads (18)
Mirrors (18)
The Alphabet Man (18)
High Moon (48)
The Mutant Sleeps Tonight (6)
Deals (24)
Hate & War (43)
Night Of The Hunters (38)

IndigoPrime

FWIW, I just asked Hachette via Facebook to cancel my sub with immediate effect and it's been confirmed the most recent delivery (111/112) will be my last. So the 28-day thing is presumably to allow for implementation should customer services not respond swiftly.

I'm now into cherry-picking mode instead now (and, natch, will immediately be buying Cradlegrave).

davidbishop

Quote from: sintec on 06 January, 2022, 09:18:11 AM
My guess for the next 2 Strontium Dogs books is something like:

Strontium Dogs Vol 2: Garth Ennis  (181)
Monsters (60)
Return Of The Gronk (48)
How The Gronk Got His Heartses (12)
The Darkest Star (61)

Crossroads (18)
Mirrors (18)
The Alphabet Man (18)
High Moon (48)
Deals (24)
Hate & War (43)

If your surmise is correct, there will be some gorgeous Mark Harrison artwork to savour in the latter volume.

Dark Jimbo

Crossroads (18)
Mirrors (18)
The Alphabet Man (18)
High Moon (48)
Deals (24)
Hate & War (43)

And, presumably, Epicedium, which caps off the whole thing and sort-of sets up the Abnett/Harrison run.

There's more material than I thought! Bang goes The Scarlet Apocrypha. ☹
@jamesfeistdraws

Michael Knight

Does anyone know what the reason is for the latest Strontium Dog having the same cover as a previous volume? Is this a rare misprint or the intentional reuse of same cover?

sintec

This got asked on FB:

2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection

The cover artwork for Issue 52 and Issue 111 is by Carlos Ezquerra and the Editor made a conscious decision to use the same artwork for both issues. This was due to there being limited alternatives by the artist and as Ezquerra's art appears exclusively throughout Issue 111, the Editor wanted the cover to be his work as well.
We hope you understand and that this will not detract from your enjoyment of both issues.
Thanks!

Which doesn't really add up to me - I struggle to believe there weren't alternative choices of Ezquerra Stront art but there we go.

Link Prime

Quote from: davidbishop on 05 January, 2022, 05:47:01 PM
Wonder if Alan Smithee is still getting a credit on Night of the Hunter?

Hopefully the correct lettering is applied this time at least!

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 January, 2022, 11:28:03 AM
Crossroads (18)
Mirrors (18)
The Alphabet Man (18)
High Moon (48)
Deals (24)
Hate & War (43)

And, presumably, Epicedium, which caps off the whole thing and sort-of sets up the Abnett/Harrison run.

There's more material than I thought! Bang goes The Scarlet Apocrypha. ☹

There were a few (I'm guessing 3 - 4) Durham Red one-off's by Hogan / Harrison / Marshall in various 2000AD specials at the time, some of which were really good - detailing everything from Lucy Durham's early days to her eventual rise to Empress of the Galaxy.

A comprehensive collection including this material would be great.

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 07 January, 2022, 08:33:52 AM
This got asked on FB:

2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection

The cover artwork for Issue 52 and Issue 111 is by Carlos Ezquerra and the Editor made a conscious decision to use the same artwork for both issues. This was due to there being limited alternatives by the artist and as Ezquerra's art appears exclusively throughout Issue 111, the Editor wanted the cover to be his work as well.
We hope you understand and that this will not detract from your enjoyment of both issues.
Thanks!

Which doesn't really add up to me - I struggle to believe there weren't alternative choices of Ezquerra Stront art but there we go.

I wonder if they just looked at the next Rebellion digital collection and used that, forgetting it had already been used in the UC

Max Headroom

Is 'Stone Island' from the now available 'Cradlegrave' volume a John Smith story as well? I looked it up on Barney and it wasn't listed under his credits.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Max Headroom on 07 January, 2022, 04:20:17 PM
Is 'Stone Island' from the now available 'Cradlegrave' volume a John Smith story as well? I looked it up on Barney and it wasn't listed under his credits.

Its Ian Edgington (and Simon Davis) - I guess the fit is the horror vibe.

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=STONE

Leigh S

Just received 112 today - had no memory of the "Nobody wants this job job" at all!

So "The Sad Case" has eluded reprint in this collection I hear?

I do kind of hope they collect the Stront Dogs stories instead of the Durham Red stuff, which may as wellbe anther character - I mean, you can say that about the Dogs stuff, but it would be useful to have all the Dogs stuff ifnally collected for reappraisal

The Monarch

spine watch 2022

cradlegraves spine is the beginning of the black and white portion that was released on the facebook yonks ago so the first nine books are blank slates other than finn being a part of it

Blue Cactus

Hi all, sorry if I missed it but can someone tell me the contents of the Cradlegrave book? Is A Love Like Blood in there?