Main Menu

UNDT Round 4 Heat 7: Judge Death vs Judge Anderson

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 September, 2020, 06:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

In the Red corner using more 's's than Hissing Sid since Prog 149. He wants to touch your heart, but not in the charity appeal way. Its'

Judge Death (Judge Dredd) - more info

In the blue corner, she's been slipping in and out of comas since Prog 150. She's probably the only one who trusts this wasn't a fixed draw its

Judge Anderson (Anderson - Psi Division) - more info

Leave the name of the character you like most in a reply to this thread and I'll count up and call the winner early in the morning Friday 18th September.

'Rules' and what not, for what they are worth

And there's more about the structure of the tournament to be read

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Two characters who (whisper it) dont really do a whole lot for me. So I'm voting Anderson but under the proviso that I'm voting explicitly for the *original* Anderson, who was part of those early Dredd stories as a supporting character . I dont really have any love for anything beyond that.

SBT

broodblik

Judge Death has never been one of my favorite villains.  I agree with you SBT related to Anderson that her first solo series worked much better. It looks like in most cases no one knows what to do with her or rather how to handle her.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

So it's the character invented to be the anti- Dredd versus the character invented to take him down.

So on that basis, Anderson wins.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 15 September, 2020, 07:11:33 AM
Two characters who (whisper it) dont really do a whole lot for me. So I'm voting Anderson but under the proviso that I'm voting explicitly for the *original* Anderson, who was part of those early Dredd stories as a supporting character . I dont really have any love for anything beyond that.

SBT

This, more or less, except that she had a few great solo stories in the early years.  And I prefer Mortis to Death.

So, Anderson.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

I'm in the other camp that LOVES both characters, comedic iterations and all. Death has an unbeatable visual design - in two forms no less! - but Anderson clearly has it over him in terms of personality and character development. I more or less agree that the last few years of Anderson stories have not been massively memorable, but she's still good in them. And for my money she's got a fascainting and consistent arc all the way from Judge Death to Lucid (Basically the whole of the first 4 Psi Files). Sure, a few duff stories along the way but that's a span of 26 years of comics, better than almost any comics character out there!

abelardsnazz

Hmmm. On the basis that her stories have covered a lot of topics, featured a fantastic array of artists, and reached an emotional centre that Dredd/Death stories sometimes don't, I'm going with Anderson.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

On the basis that Anderon's change in tone added depth rather than detracted from the original depiction (sssorry Sssidney), Cass gets my vote.

paddykafka

Tomwe

This could be a close one I feel. I'm voting Judge Death. It's such a strong design and although his stories have worn out a tad he'll always creep me out!

Bolt-01

rogue69

Colin YNWA

Shake those cans of Boing and get those dimension traps ready as this one closes in the morning.