Main Menu

Missionaries needed

Started by Pyroxian, 10 September, 2004, 05:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

OK, some of you chaps are off to Uni this year.

So you should try to convert as many of your fellow students to reading 2000AD.

I reckon getting them to read your prog and then if they want to, carry on letting them read it for a few weeks. Then start 'accidentally' not carrying your prog around - Hopefully they'll be so addicted to thrill-power they'll rush out and start buying their own copies...

Any of suggestions?

Steve

Mr C

Go on... try it... do it... it's fun... everyone's doing it... try it...

Why don't they have adverts like that anymore? I liked them.

House of Usher

I remember the time I gave my flatmate Judgement on Gotham to read. He was so absorbed in it he read it to the end without speaking all evening, and his girlfriend (another flatmate) told me off, and asked me not to lend him comics ever again!
STRIKE !!!

Dan Kelly

Made the mistake of lending one mate at uni my copy of Watchment.  I think that it did a tour of most of the campus before heading home with some other person.

Had to get my self a shiny new copy...

Dan

Bad Andy

I gave my flatmate Zenith Phase I to read. He studiously read it from cover to cover, in silence, pausing over certain bits and flicking back occasionally. After 20 mins or so he passed it back to me and said:

"That was total shit."

Didn't trust his opinion on anything after that.

Mr D

I'm not even there and I've formed Comic Soc. I've got a fair few folks who'll already be toothed up, but I'll try to improve the number.

The local shop sells 2000, the meg AND the extremes. Small village, middle of Wales. I can't get them in the city where I live!!

Floyd-the-k

I got into 2000 AD after a good friend who I used to do wild studenty stuff with showed it to me. He told me about the wacky stuff - the prison on the traffic island and Judge Death

yours envying the students,http://www.mackiwi.com/Black_Caps_small.jpg">

Woolly

I keep trying to get my mate Gaz to read something, but so far all my attempts have failed miserably. :(

Tweak72

the best way ive found to get people to read comics is leave them in the bog some buggers a bit stoned goes for a "jobbie" then finds them selves in there an hour later lol
dont read comics my ass
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Trout

Comic Soc?

You do realise you're never going to get any sex, don't you?

- Trout

Generally Contrary

Trout - he's in Lampeter anyway...

Trout

Oh, right.

Does yoghurt cure that?

- Trout

Max Kon

the comic soc:http://www.cnnfn.com/2000/11/09/technology/overview/sock_puppet.jpg">