Main Menu

FINAL - Dan Abnett or Pat Mills - For the Godpleton Cup

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 June, 2020, 06:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

VOTING AND TOURNEY CLOSED - Please feel free to comment and discuss but votes won't count.

This is what this has all been for the GODPLETON CUP

(seriously do a Google search and for some reason this appears so I went with it?!?)

And the final has been wonderfully dramatic, I mean just the counting process at Base Camp YNWA this morning has taken 40 minutes and countless checks and recounts. I ended up checking vote on a spreadsheet. Its been so close.

At the start it was literally going vote for vote with both on the same count. But then one writer started to creep ahead and a strong middle section meant they openned a lead of as many as 5 votes at its maximum.

It seemed over... but... the other writer started to creep back, they slowly cut the lead and by the start of the last 24 hours they had cut the led to 2... and then kept coming back. Votes came in for both writers, but that gap evaporated and at the end of voting it was a tie!

Seriously a draw.

But it wasn't over. As that spreadsheet was there for a reason and just as I thought I was going to have to make the casting vote for the first time one final check (well actually it wasn't cos I had to go again after it but it was meant to be a final check) revealed someone had accidently (I assume) voted twice, a few days apart and I'd missed it.

And so on a VAR (vaguely anxious ref) review has a clean result...

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

VOTING AND TOURNEY CLOSED - Please feel free to comment and discuss but votes won't count.

There has been so much love for both writers. Much deserved and not only each vote (well many votes), but the vote over all has been on a real knife edge. In the end however, despite seeming to be behind by a margin too significent to overhaul at one point, the winner of this vote and THE ULTIMATE NOT WAGNER and writer to lift the Godpleton Cup is

DAN ABNETT

[Tinselexplosioneffect] BOOM! [\Tinselexplosioneffect]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 02 July, 2020, 07:23:34 AM
I am glad it is a draw both worthy winners

Sorry the voided vote gave us a clear winner - I was just building up the dramatic effect!

broodblik

At one stage this looked like an easy Mills victory.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 02 July, 2020, 07:52:29 AM
At one stage this looked like an easy Mills victory.

It definately did. It was only Tuesday I started to check the count again as I figured it was only going one way at the end of last week. But I noticed a creeping return and thought I'd better do a quick count so that Thursday morning (today) didn't get too nerve racking. Very glad I did as that lead to the spreadsheet last night and the fair result this morning.

I'll talk more about what would have happened with a tie in a bit.

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 July, 2020, 08:01:41 AM

What would the world's biggest Sinister Dexter fan have done in the event of a tie? That's a tough one...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 02 July, 2020, 08:09:06 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 July, 2020, 08:01:41 AM

What would the world's biggest Sinister Dexter fan have done in the event of a tie? That's a tough one...

Oh its not just Sinister Dexter, its Brink and Kingdom and Lawless and... oh damnit I've spoiled the surprise haven't I!

IndigoPrime

I'm glad it wasn't a draw. But if it had have been, just leaving it at that (rather than a deciding vote) would have worked for me, FWIW.