Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Spikes on 07 December, 2015, 10:17:15 PM
Been on a bit of a Sopranos trip of late, so sad to hear of the passing of Robert Loggia. Superb as an old school Mafioso.

We're going through the box set, but haven't got to that series yet - about four or five episodes in series six, I think?

Daveycandlish

Re; Are You Being Served - only Mike Berry left now (the guy who took over from Mr Lucas, who no-one remembers)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Spikes

Quote from: sheridan on 07 December, 2015, 11:03:31 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 07 December, 2015, 10:17:15 PM
Been on a bit of a Sopranos trip of late, so sad to hear of the passing of Robert Loggia. Superb as an old school Mafioso.

We're going through the box set, but haven't got to that series yet - about four or five episodes in series six, I think?

He first popped up in season 5 when a bunch of them got released from prison.

Greg M.

Quote from: Spikes on 08 December, 2015, 11:27:38 AM
He first popped up in season 5 when a bunch of them got released from prison.

I thought you were still talking about Are You Being Served - I didn't remember that episode! (Mr. Humphries in prison - it writes itself, really...)

Dandontdare

Ghost MacRoth

Mick Lynch lead singer of Stump. :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 19 December, 2015, 07:08:25 PM
Lights. Camel. Action!

Can't say I've thought about Stump for ten years but He couldn't have been very old.
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Nigel 'BaaadDad' Buxton; Adam's dad - it was November the 30th, but I only heard of this now.  Met Adam once and he's a truly lovely fellow; hope he's ok.  Glad his dad had such a nice long life; truly a character.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

I loved Bad Dad, especially that one where he trashed Radiohead's Paranoid Android for being pretentious and then said the new Hanson single was his pick of the week's releases.  His review of the English Rose version of Candle in the Wind was also spectacularly spot-on: "Noel Coward once said that the cheapest of sentiments were those most easily expressed..."

An articulate and funny gentleman - you may now make your own "it must have skipped a generation" joke here.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 December, 2015, 07:20:09 PM
Lights. Camel. Action!

Can't say I've thought about Stump for ten years but He couldn't have been very old.

Only heard of about this guy and his band on this forum.

Truly Memorable Song

Not really fond of the lyrics, though but love the song otherwise and the fish slapping.

About the passing guy from Are You Being Served?. Not sure which one you mean, but if it was the old fellow who young pretties assisting. I doubt he survive this long and sorry to see most of them have gone now.

Use to watch a lot of British comedies with the family when I was a lot younger. This being ones of them.

Should I list them here?

sheridan

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 December, 2015, 05:51:47 PM
Use to watch a lot of British comedies with the family when I was a lot younger. This being ones of them.

Should I list them here?
Not on the RIPs thread, no - by all means start a new thread though.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 22 December, 2015, 03:43:15 PM
I loved Bad Dad, especially that one where he trashed Radiohead's Paranoid Android for being pretentious and then said the new Hanson single was his pick of the week's releases.  His review of the English Rose version of Candle in the Wind was also spectacularly spot-on: "Noel Coward once said that the cheapest of sentiments were those most easily expressed..."

An articulate and funny gentleman - you may now make your own "it must have skipped a generation" joke here.

Not from my corner. I love Adam Buxton; his Cilla Black / the Queen impression made me convulse with laughter. 

My favourite Bad Dad story was when he apparently spent his time taking photos of the topless women on the beach when Adam and Joe took him to Ibiza; his excuse was 'Look at her eyes! She has such lovely eyes.'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

Yeah, might have been the Richard Herring podcast where he talked about his dad .

Goaty

Brooke McCarter of The Lost Boys at 52.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 December, 2015, 07:20:09 PM
Lights. Camel. Action!

One of my bloody-radio's-broken-again driving songs that:

Thou shall not covet /shall not lie/thou shall not bonk your neighbour's wife
The recipe for egg fried lice /a hundred ways to kill a fly
Lights! Camel! Action!

Pure genius. RIP Mick.