Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 January, 2016, 03:55:09 AM
That was posted a few posts back by Batman's Superior Cousin

Thank you for that acknowledgement, much appreciated!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Spikes

Radio DJ Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart,  :(

Have very fond memories of listening to Ed after getting my first little transistor radio at some point in the 70's.
Early weekend morning listening to Junior Choice.

RIP, Stewpot.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 09 January, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

Nobody seemed to notice yours much either. So it must have skipped over it the first time.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 January, 2016, 07:38:44 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 09 January, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

Nobody seemed to notice yours much either. So it must have skipped over it the first time.

No-one never seem to notice my posts at all!! :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

GordonR

Quote from: Spikes on 09 January, 2016, 06:13:33 PM
Radio DJ Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart,  :(

Have very fond memories of listening to Ed after getting my first little transistor radio at some point in the 70's.
Early weekend morning listening to Junior Choice.

RIP, Stewpot.

Any mention of him meeting his wife when she was 13, and marrying her when she was 17?  (He was well into his 30s at the time.)

WTF was going on with Radio 1/BBC children's TV personalities in the 1970s?

COMMANDO FORCES

Angus Scrimm aged 89 has passed away. Best known to most of us as The Tall Man from Phantasm.

Having checked his Wikipedia page, he had a varied and interesting career.

Daveycandlish

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 January, 2016, 07:14:52 AM
Angus Scrimm aged 89 has passed away. Best known to most of us as The Tall Man from Phantasm.

He must have had a bloody hard paper round as a bairn if he was only in his early fifties when he made Phantasm!  :o
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Spikes

Quote from: GordonR on 09 January, 2016, 08:28:37 PM
WTF was going on with Radio 1/BBC children's TV personalities in the 1970s?

Indeed. That should have been a clue, I guess.

Ah well...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 January, 2016, 07:14:52 AM

Having checked his Wikipedia page, he had a varied and interesting career.
Ah bugger, been a tough few years for horror fans like me but it's always so much worse when one of it's mosticonic characters passes on. RIP Angus, continue to terrify a 12 year old me even in death.

Goaty

Jim_Campbell

Sadly, the news about Bowie does now seem to be official.

Although I would never describe myself as a fan, he seems to have been present at a background level for my entire life as symbol of restless re-invention and creativity. Perhaps appropriately, Bowie exists more in my mind as a concept of Bowie-ness than any real impression of the man himself...

I feel oddly the way I did when Jean Giraud died: that a shining, singular light had gone out, leaving the world just a tiny bit gloomier and less interesting.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Something Fishy

Oh no, one of my favourites back in the 70s and 80s , a huge influence on music.

That is so very sad indeed. RIP.

JamesC

People throw words like legend around all over the place but Bowie was the real deal. Really gutted.

Hawkmumbler

David Bowie's passing fill's me with a great deal of sadness indeed, as I absolutely love the majority of his singles. He was arguably the deffinitive voice of music in the 80's as well, he'll be missed.

RIP

Krakajac

I can't believe he's gone.  Being a fan of his later work, I had visions of him recording/performing well into his 70's and beyond.

Have just been listening to his latest album.  The last track (which is great) is called, "I can't give everything away".  Class/style even to the end.