Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Smith on 11 February, 2017, 04:26:48 PM
@Frank The first part(somebody probably thought it would be funny) was about the MLP cover.

Ah, right. Cheers, bud.

Rogue Judge

Good point regarding the turnaround time Frank. I naturally saw this as paying respects to Dillon but that would have been very quick. I would have liked if cry of the werewolf was longer as it was a fun idea and drawn incredibley well, but i suppose the fast pace plotting and high action is one of the reasons it is so great. Regardless, Im looking forward to this one shot! (Have we seen any interiors yet??)

Frank

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 11 February, 2017, 06:25:05 PM
I would have liked if cry of the werewolf was longer

Good news, everyone! *  Out Of The Undercity, by John Wagner and Carl Critchlow (1313-1316)

* Sort of good news. It's okay as a nostalgia piece, but it was used as an excuse to set up the villain for another story where Dredd tussles with famous film monsters, rather than working as a story on its own terms. Case Files 34, in six years' time, Rogue Judge.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Frank on 11 February, 2017, 07:00:26 PM
* Sort of good news. It's okay as a nostalgia piece, but it was used as an excuse to set up the villain for another story where Dredd tussles with famous film monsters, rather than working as a story on its own terms. Case Files 34, in six years' time, Rogue Judge.

As always Frank, I appreciate your detailed responses (and the links/images you include!). So much thrill power to look forward to!

According to this thread Case Files #30 comes out this November, 2017 (released at the rate of 2 a year). At this rate, shouldn't Case Files 34 should come out in two years (not six)?

Also, this cover by Ryan Brown looks amazing! If they are shipped in 50/50 quantities I will pick up Brown's cover.

Frank

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 11 February, 2017, 08:12:07 PM
shouldn't Case Files 34 should come out in two years (not six)?

I'm a doctor, Jim, not a calculator!

JaHawkDroid

Not sure if this would belong here or not, but Rob Williams and D'Israeli have a plan in place for a new Low Life story, which is just waiting on D'Israeli having enough time in his schedule to get it drawn.

sheridan

Just home from Forty Years of Thrill-power, and two art droids had covers to show for the IDW Werewolf, plus John McCrea had interiors sans dialogue.  I tried to look through without paying too much attention to what was actually going on so it isn't spoiled for me when I read it with words!  Looking forward to it even more - though it's anybody's guess which of the covers I've seen I'll actually end up owning, depends on which one IDW sends to my local comic shop.

Mardroid

I don't tend to follow the IDW stuff much, preferring to stick to our 2000AD 'verse(s), as it were... I did get Matt Smith's year one stuff, and the Anderson stuff. I reasoned that as the a 2000 AD creator was on board, and the Dredd story covered a time period that hasn't been covered extensively in 2000 AD and the Megazine, than there was no reason the story couldn't have happened in both continuities. (Is that personal head canon?) And the stories were pretty good.*

I am intrigued by the werewolf story though, branching as it does from something in the 2000 AD continuity. I also remember after reading the original story, feeling a bit disappointed they hadn't spent more time with Dredd as a werewolf.

And I like werewolves. The big nasty ones with proper wolfish type heads like depicted here...

Hmm. I might get this...

*I guess another reason is that I'm so invested in Dredd already, reading 2 comics and the collections (mainly the Mega-collections in my case rather than the Case-Files, although I have a few of those.), etc. If I read other comics outside of 2000 AD, I'd prefer it not to be related worlds and characters, as a bit of variety is nice. I don't intend this as a criticism of those who want to read everything Dredd. (I can understand the obsession.) This is just a personal preference.

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 12 February, 2017, 03:54:54 PM
I don't tend to follow the IDW stuff much, preferring to stick to our 2000AD 'verse(s), as it were... I did get Matt Smith's year one stuff, and the Anderson stuff. I reasoned that as the a 2000 AD creator was on board, and the Dredd story covered a time period that hasn't been covered extensively in 2000 AD and the Megazine, than there was no reason the story couldn't have happened in both continuities. (Is that personal head canon?) And the stories were pretty good.*
It's not just you - to me the Year One / Matt Smith Anderson are in our continuity, not IDWs.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 11 February, 2017, 07:03:59 AMI don't judge what others watch (that's Dredds job) but I personally don't get the appeal. The only cartoons I watch on occasion are the ones I grew up with, namely GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man etc.
I couldn't get through Transformers when I tried to re-watch it years back. Bar the movie, it's badly written crap. But now with mini-IP, I'm very much taken by a small number of shows for kids. Frankly, anyone who's not watching the truly superb Hey Duggee is missing out, however old they happen to be.

GordonR

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 February, 2017, 02:35:58 PM
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 11 February, 2017, 07:03:59 AMI don't judge what others watch (that's Dredds job) but I personally don't get the appeal. The only cartoons I watch on occasion are the ones I grew up with, namely GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man etc.
I couldn't get through Transformers when I tried to re-watch it years back. Bar the movie, it's badly written crap. But now with mini-IP, I'm very much taken by a small number of shows for kids. Frankly, anyone who's not watching the truly superb Hey Duggee is missing out, however old they happen to be.

Fans of the GGC and CBeebies will have course noted that The Twirlywoos - and we've one big fan of that in our house - is Steve Roberts,, former artdroid on Bec & Kawl, among other thrills.

Colin YNWA

Who also did Dib Dab with my eldest (now 7 and far too 'cool' for cBeebies) was a BIG fan of.

Dark Jimbo

Steve Roberts did Dipdap?! I love that programme!
@jamesfeistdraws

Rogue Judge

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 February, 2017, 02:35:58 PM

That fair - I think the only reason I find some of these watchable is due to nostalgia. I have some nephews who are starting to get into these old cartoons (or commercials as some have said haha) and get to watch a little here and there with them.  I have never heard of most of the cartoons people are mentioning, Including Hey Duggee - I will have to give it the ol google/YouTube search.

The Adventurer

Original Transformers didn't become watchable until Season 3 post-film, when Marv Wolfman was writing it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK