Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

There is nothing I dislike about these announcements! Just pure class all around, and fantastic that even if the Action archive flopped before it saw print we are still getting Hookjaw!

Steve Green

Isn't that second HJ image Conor's from the Si Spurrier series?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Steve Green on 15 April, 2017, 10:09:01 AM
Isn't that second HJ image Conor's from the Si Spurrier series?

Certainly looks like that to me.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

13school

Yeah, for some reason the Amazon preview of the Classic Hook Jaw book displays pages from the recent all-new comic version.

Richard

Amazon has the Complete Future Shocks as released in December 2018, which sounds a bit unlikely.

IndigoPrime

Given that the RRP is £20.35, that looks like a US release, not a UK one.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Richard on 15 April, 2017, 12:08:55 PM
Amazon has the Complete Future Shocks as released in December 2018, which sounds a bit unlikely.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 April, 2017, 12:28:52 PM
Given that the RRP is £20.35, that looks like a US release, not a UK one.

The date was originally October 2017 (see my post a couple of pages back).  It's volume 1 and the publisher is "2000AD" so I assume it's a Rebellion phone book release.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 15 April, 2017, 08:28:46 AM
I don't think I know 'Marney the Fox' at all. Can anyone tell me more?

It's one of the story strips Rebellion acquired last year in their buy-up of part of the IPC/Fleetway back catalogue.  They're releasing these under a separate (non-2000AD) Classic British Comics line, which also includes The Leopard from Lime Street and Ken Reid's Faceache strips.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: 13school on 15 April, 2017, 11:46:27 AM
Yeah, for some reason the Amazon preview of the Classic Hook Jaw book displays pages from the recent all-new comic version.

My apologies guys, I've been fooled by the Amazon UK listing.

There's definitely two separate books listed on Amazon, one for the classic Hookjaw and another for the new version with Si Spurrier (which I didn't link to, but here; also coming from Titan Comics).  If I had bothered to look I might have noticed Amazon UK have the same internal spreads showing for both books.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 April, 2017, 03:15:59 PMThe date was originally October 2017 (see my post a couple of pages back).  It's volume 1 and the publisher is "2000AD" so I assume it's a Rebellion phone book release.
Given the RRP, I'm still willing to bet that's the page for the US version of the book. UK RRPs don't end in semi-random numbers – they're either even or .99.

Dash Decent

I can't argue with that!

I defer to my learned colleague's more learnedness!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

hippynumber1

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 April, 2017, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 15 April, 2017, 08:28:46 AM
I don't think I know 'Marney the Fox' at all. Can anyone tell me more?

It's one of the story strips Rebellion acquired last year in their buy-up of part of the IPC/Fleetway back catalogue.  They're releasing these under a separate (non-2000AD) Classic British Comics line, which also includes The Leopard from Lime Street and Ken Reid's Faceache strips.

Not quite what I meant but thanks anyway.