Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul faplad Finch

Good luck with everything Jimbo. I know a little something about families falling apart and how difficult it can be. As others have said, small consolation though it may be, things will get better.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

wild-seven

Keep your chin up Jimbo; it sounds trite, but literally it can only get better
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mikey

Manly hug

I've been in a very similar predicament Jimbo - keep your eye on the prize and don't let the shit set you back so far as you lose sight of it. Hope you can get your head showered during the bull bait.

Cheers

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Bolt-01

Jimbo- I deeply empathise. This sort of thing is one of the reasons I live 80 miles away from most of my family.

It will get better, eventually.

Just ask yourself, 'What would Mr Sun & Mr Moon do?'

Dave

Dark Jimbo

Thanks again chaps (and chapess). Funny that the words of people I've never actually met can mean so much!

I'm endeavouring to keep a stiff upper lip for the duration.
@jamesfeistdraws

johnnystress

missed my flight to Manchester- had to pay an extra €150 to reschedule this evening

Richard Hawley - you'd better be worth all this

Kerrin

Fuck it and punch on Jimbo. Best wishes are with you mate.

Mike Gloady

Jimbo, if anything your problems would've been MORE difficult to deal with than what I've had on my plate recently.  At least my ma was happy (and my da before he died too) and they had each other, whatever arguments were had were the small ones we all have and, like everyone, I was sort of prepared for losing them both (especially my mum).  It sucks, but it's doable because I was expecting it ever since childhood.  You have my best wishes, hope it gets easier (or at least easier to cope with, a different thing, but we take what we can get don't we?). 

MGB, you're in my thoughts too, obviously. 

The best part about the whole thing is that my brother's promised to keep certain topics off limits and keep certain maudlin annoying people far away.  Meaning I can read WHATEVER THAT BOOK SHAPED THING KATE GAVE ME FOR CHRISTMAS and play on the floor with the kids and that's it.  That, and too-much dinner and mince pies are what it's all about.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

You've been fondling your presents haven't you? Naughty!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mike Gloady

It's book shaped.  I put "The Dead Man" and "Mechanismo" on top of it and it seems VERY SIMLAR. 

Of course, I have NO IDEA WHAT ON EARTH IT COULD BE.

*smirk*
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Poor, Jimbo. Hope you get through it alright and best wishes.

vzzbux

Sorry to hear your news DJ.

Gear box in van went Kaput today which made my day a late one and to top it all it snowed and was bloody freezing. Coalville has to be the coldest part of Leicestershire.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

flip-r mk2

My thoughts are with you Jimbo, my family stopped talking to me about 10 years ago, was hard at the time but time heals.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

vzzbux

Sodding snow, Its too pissing cold to work.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

worldshown

...my mother had a mini-stroke this morning.

She was fine when the carer arrived this morning to give her a wash, but in the two minutes between the carer coming downstairs and my sister going up to check on her she had suddenly lost the ability to articulate a sentence.

No other symptoms, no facial slumping, weak arms or slurring like they show on the awareness scheme. Just an inability to speak more than three words (ie "I can't eat...", "I want..."

Thankfully, whilst waiting three hours for the out-of-hours doctor to arrive, she managed to recover a lot, but we've been warned there's a good chance she could have another one within 24 hours.

I know that she's been ill for a long time, but I really wasn't expecting that.