Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

The PS3 I got myself for Christmas has failed to show...despite the tracking saying its been delivered. Phoned the company, and was told I have to wait 24 hours for them to 'interview' the driver. Twats!!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

James

Tomorrow's the last day of trading for my store, through no fault of mine or my staff's.

We're all looking at potential redundancy in a couple of months.

Merry farking crimbo!

Roger Godpleton

Sorry to hear that James, I was thinking about you when I first heard the news.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SuperSurfer

Shame about the bad news James. What a bad time to find out.

Peter Wolf

My hoover packed in a short while ago due to the motor burning out and so someone i know lent me theirs temporarily [No ! dont buy another -save your cash and borrow mine-almost insistent that i borrow theirs] and as usual in theirs the bag was full and the filters full of dust and in any case theirs is a cheap piece of shit with virtually no suction power whatsoever not to mention it is so noisy you need ear defenders to use it.

I just dont know how others get by and i have yet to think of a point in making a hoover that doesnt have any suction so they can have it back.

I am either going to have to buy another OR if i am lucky i think i have a Henry packed away somewhere....

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Van Dom

I hope you're using it to clean the floors Peter! :) They might not want it back otherwise!
But yeah its a pain when this happens. I had some builders in the house a few weeks ago insulating a wall. Not only did they fill my hooverbag up with styrofoam and nails and wood and huge chunks of masonry, they broke the frikkin' air-stopper slidey thing off as well. Didn't they ever hear of a dustpan and brush. Bastards!

James - that sucks about the job. I'm in the print industry and there's places going belly up left, right and centre around me. Scary stuff. Just today another company we work closely with was shut down and there isn't even enough money to pay the guys any redundancy. Scary times.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Peter Wolf

I have got Henry back into active service so no worries now but i feel a little stupid posting about that when i read about others workplaces and businesses closing down and other things on this thread.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

At this time of year, this thread takes on a blacker and more terrifying aspect. James- terrible. Best of luck! And to everyone else who has life-suckage at the moment, board-thoughts are with you!

SBT

House of Usher

My penultimate pay slip for teaching post-16 arrived in the post today. I've been paid 14 hours short. The twats.

Edit: sorry, wrong thread.  ::)
STRIKE !!!

Van Dom

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 December, 2009, 05:04:09 PM
I have got Henry back into active service so no worries now but i feel a little stupid posting about that when i read about others workplaces and businesses closing down and other things on this thread.

Don't feel stupid, hoovers are very important this time of year, what with christmas tree bristles and cake crumbs going everywhere! Good ol' Henry eh!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SuperSurfer

Refurb finally started on the block we live in.

Every day brings a new chapter of hassle and stress. Nothing to do with builders. They seem fine so far. Problems are with the disfunctional management committee. Some people just dig their heels in and won't shift.

Draining all my time and energy.

Work began about a week ago in order to save on VAT increase. (I found out 15mins before work was to start.) Problem is it's interfering with people's Xmas now and some of the tenants are absolutely livid, with good reason.

TordelBack

What you need my friend is Judge Rico living in your basement.

SuperSurfer

I think a stint on Titan would be more pleasurable than dealing with the block's management committee. Ten Chief Judges just doesn't work.

COMMANDO FORCES

Whilst in 'The Grinning Demon' (local comics emporium) earlier I was informed of this amazing news.
Kent Connection, a government jobless club thingy that helps the unemployed try to get back into work (I'm all for our taxes paying for this, as you never know when you may need it), well here it is, prepare to be amazed.

The Maidstone members (this is the unemployed remember) went to watch Avatar last night and today they all had a meal in Nandos in the town, paid for by US!
Now WHAT THE FUCK HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH JOB HUNTING (calm down John) I ask you. I'm sure a lot of employed people would like others to pay for a night at the pictures and then a meal out the next day. God knows what else is planned over Christmas as I didn't dare ask as I might have exploded even more!

I always thought that these clubs were there to teach people CV writing skills, computer skill, interview skills etc........My how times have changed.

Still I bought my Big Issue whilst I was down there and had a good chat with the bloke who was selling them. I wonder if he went to see Avatar as well?