Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 July, 2019, 09:25:03 PM
Quote from: moly on 18 July, 2019, 07:11:18 PM
If they extend this to 100 hope they include red seas

I doubt it will happen but I'd adore a complete hardcover Red Seas collection, in the way we're getting  a Dante one.
How many volumes would cover Red Seas?

IndigoPrime

Four. Or three if they go for really thick volumes, but they might breach the 250pp rule then.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 July, 2019, 07:51:55 AM
Four. Or three if they go for really thick volumes, but they might breach the 250pp rule then.
Hm for a prospective 10-20 vol extension that would seem like quite a lot to commit to one series. Guess it depends just how much Matt Smith likes it. I expect we would get at least one new Dredd book in there since we're still talking over a year til the end of the original 80.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 19 July, 2019, 09:48:23 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 July, 2019, 07:51:55 AM
Hm for a prospective 10-20 vol extension that would seem like quite a lot to commit to one series.

That makes me think it more likely? To my mind part of the viability of an extension is surely in the lack (or otherwise) of suitable material. There could easily be another 30 books' worth here...
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

4 - Red Seas
1- Indigo prime
1 - Absalom
2 - Defoe
1 - Brink
1 - Kingdom
1 - Strontium Dog
1 - Atavar
1 - Flesh (possibly 2, with the new stuff)
1 -ABC Warriors
1 - Savage
1 - Stickleback (presuming the new (final?) series has run by then).
1 - Firekind/Leatherjack (a 'John Smith' grab-bag, basically)
2 - Sinister Dexter

That's 20 off the top of my head, before you add any Dreddworld stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws

paulbyrnewex

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 July, 2019, 07:11:56 PM
Quote from: Tomwe on 18 July, 2019, 06:55:27 PMNot entirely on-thread, but Hachette's Transformers series has been extended to 100 issues.
Good, on the basis that the existing length was absurd. It was supposed to cover from the original Marvel books through to the end of the IDW run (pre-reboot), but there weren't enough pages. Mind you, the repro was absolute dogshit on the Marvel US stuff, sadly.

It wasn't suppose to cover all of IDW it was the standard number for a partwork collection and It was up to the editors of the collection to fit as much as possible into the 80 issues.

IndigoPrime

I've not heard that before. My understanding was it was supposed to cover everything from G1 they could get the rights to, but that would fall short of the ending of IDW's run – which was bonkers. And there is no 'standard' partwork length. It's just Hachette's been launching with 80 volumes for a while now. The Marvel run was originally 60, remember (and then extended to 120, 170, 200, 220, and presumably soon beyond).

As for another 20 books for the 2000 AD run, I wouldn't hate Dark Jimbo's selection, although I don't really care for Defoe and Sin/Dex. One Indigo Prime book seems at least one too few, though! (The one that will annoy me if there's an extension and it's omitted is Firekind. I've also said that twinned with Leatherjack would be fab. I'll put up with 19 books of Mills rants if I can get that volume.)

BPP

Lobster Random / The Vort should be in any expansion.

The 10 Seconders would make a pretty good book two, as would The Grievous..

There is a whole slew of great Megazine Dredd that seems untapped too.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: BPP on 19 July, 2019, 01:53:47 PM
Lobster Random / The Vort should be in any expansion.

The 10 Seconders would make a pretty good book two, as would The Grievous..

Oh shit, of course Lobster Random! It's got no ending, but there's no reason not to release the first trilogy. Ten Seconders is a great shout too.

Ichabod Azrael's already going to be in the UC.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Ten Seconders reads nicely as a single volume. It's only fully in digital, too, right? But that means the repro's there. Ideal fodder for an extension, then, since it's obviously not viable for Rebellion to release as a trade, yet could form part of an ongoing collection. Same also with Red Seas, although I'd only want that to be in the UC if said collection was confirmed to include all of it. As in, please don't extend by ten books and bung one Red Seas volume in there.

Dark Jimbo

Damnation Station would be another good one - complete story, fits nicely in one book, and some great art.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Dark Jimbos list looks pretty solid - some subset of that with a Dredd book or 2 would certainly keep me signed up for a few more months.

Would be nice to see The V.Cs in there, I think 2 volumes should be enough page count for both the early run and the later Abnett one which would be sweet.

As much as I want it I strongly suspect we're not going to be getting Zenith (still holding off on buying that separately for now, just in case).

abelardsnazz

When was the Dredd extension announced? Around issue 60?

Fungus

Never read Leviathan, any extension could bundle the as-near-as-damnit-ending of Stickleback with this. Split volumes are a bit unsatisfying but that one would make sense...

abelardsnazz

At least two volumes of John Smith stuff is required. Indigo Prime, Revere, Leatherjack....plus somebody on here keeps banging on about Firekind, they may have a point. And the Robo-Hunter one-off with Chris Weston, which I don't think has been reprinted elsewhere.