Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 February, 2017, 09:43:35 AM

But do FCBD issues count?

Ah yeah.
Sure Simon Pegg is a bona fide Droid in my book.

JLC

I'll Never Write My Memoirs by Grace Jones

Dandontdare

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 15 February, 2017, 04:56:37 PM
Jon Davis-Hunt is your lad Tankie? I assume in the sense of something more than just 'drew cracking stuff for 2000AD"?

I only twigged this recently after joining the dots between a few different comments - Tankie's often mentioned that his son draws comics, but I hadn't been aware he was an honest-to-goodness Droid! (and a talented one who seemed like a very nice chap, based on a very brief chat at a con)

Old Tankie

Thank you DD for the nice comments about the lad.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 February, 2017, 12:09:56 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 February, 2017, 08:41:26 PM
Ouuuhhh interesting see I figure a Droid has to have a BIG body of work to count as 2000ad. That of course raises a question how much.... now there I come unstuck of course as my answer is I dunno!

I think we do need a thread on this...

I agree, but the answer is one story.
But do FCBD issues count? Co sidering by this point it's almost tradition to have a recognised US artist on the strip for the first time, Powell, Hawthorne...almost Breyfogle.

In my eyes, these guys thoug phenomenal talents aren't TRUE droids. Maybe auxiliary droids, but not true droids.

John Byrne?  He illustrated one of the first Dredd stories I ever read, in the 1983 Sci-Fi Special.

Tony Angelino

I used to be a big Byrne fan but strangely I don't think I ever read his Dredd tale and I wouldn't think of him as a Droid.

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 February, 2017, 10:14:04 AM

Ah yeah.

Did he write the Shaun of the Dead story that was published as well?  Also, he's Johnny Alpha!

Apestrife

Read Project Itoh's Metal Gear Solid Guns of the patriots adaption.

Made for a fascinating read. Didn't think it'd be this good. Impressed how fan wanky it manages to be without loosing focus of being a story that got me glued. I really liked Itoh's own words on the project in the back of the book, followed by Hideo Kojima's on Itoh (who passed shorthy after the release of the book.).

While I think MGS is more or less best played MGS2,3 and V, I wouldn't be surprised if I read Guns of the patriots again --rather than playing the actual game.

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 18 February, 2017, 11:50:18 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 17 February, 2017, 10:14:04 AM

Ah yeah.

Did he write the Shaun of the Dead story that was published as well? 

Co-wrote it if I recall.
Nice one-off actually, even if its inclusion in the Prog line-up could be questioned.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Link Prime on 24 February, 2017, 01:10:00 PM
Did he write the Shaun of the Dead story that was published as well? 

Co-wrote it if I recall.
Nice one-off actually, even if its inclusion in the Prog line-up could be questioned.

It was a bit of a glorified Ad. Though it did make the cover! And it was drawn by long time Art Droid Frazer Irving.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bolt-01

Just started the Stainless Steel Rat collection after picking it up in the sale the other month. I've not read these strips since they were first published. There is a little gutter loss in places so far and some of the repro is a little off but my goodness, the Carlos art is sublime.

JLC

Just started reading Nikolai Dante.

The Adventurer

Quote from: JLC on 25 February, 2017, 04:45:23 PM

I envy you. Dante is a exceptional series.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

sheridan

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 February, 2017, 04:08:04 PM
Just started the Stainless Steel Rat collection after picking it up in the sale the other month. I've not read these strips since they were first published. There is a little gutter loss in places so far and some of the repro is a little off but my goodness, the Carlos art is sublime.

Harry Harrison - now there's a script droid!  (I think he wrote an article in one of the annuals / specials even though he didn't technially 'write' the adaptation).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Adventurer on 25 February, 2017, 07:46:39 PM
Quote from: JLC on 25 February, 2017, 04:45:23 PM

I envy you. Dante is a exceptional series.

Yep absolutely this. Possibly my favourite ever story in the Prog... possibly ask me tomorrow and I'll deny I ever said that!