Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: rogue69 on 28 August, 2018, 10:52:30 PM
John Armstrong, artist on many classic comic books such as Misty & Tammy, including Bella at the Bar & Moonchild

My very first thought was "I hope he saw the reprinting* of some of his work for the first time in decades".  Yup:
QuoteThe recent publication of "Moonchild" and "Bella at the Bar" delighted the veteran creator, who had been suffering from Parkinson's for some time.

* well, publication - the vast majority of British comics have never been reprinted, unless in the pages of other comics (IPC, I'm looking at you).

rogue69

Krakajac

Marie will be remembered for many things.  For me, it was her work on the early 'Kull' comics.  Truly brilliant.

Daveycandlish

Just read that Jacqueline Pearce - AKA Servalan in Blakes 7 - has died aged 74.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 03 September, 2018, 06:54:22 PM

Shit, I think I met her at Newcastle Comic Con last year. She was awfully quiet / shy!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Greg M.

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 03 September, 2018, 06:54:22 PM

Aw no - that woman was an absolute legend, on and off-screen by all accounts. One of the icons of British sci-fi.

IAMTHESYSTEM

What unfortunate news about Jacqueline Pearce. Her performance as Servalan, the malign head of the Federation was only supposed to be for one episode, but she proved so popular a Villain they brought her back for more and she became the iconic counter to both Blake and Avon.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Heath C Ackley

Sad to hear about the passing of Jacqueline Pearce. A teenage tv crush gone! It's strange that for all of her 'glamorous menace' there has never been a character quite like Servalan in science fiction or elsewhere before or since.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Hawkmumbler

Gutted by the passing of Mrs Pearce, one of the great icons of the space opera and Servalan is one of the best villains in all sci-fi.

sheridan

Conway Savage, 58, pianist for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

Greg M.

Undoubted legend, Mr. Burt Reynolds, age 82.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I'm not that surprised at Burt Reynolds demise, but he sure lived life to the full despite some very poor financial deals made by his Advisors. Sorry to hear he's passed away but at 82 years old and maybe six decades worth of work that's still an impressive Resume'.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JamesC

Shit, I can't believe Burt Reynolds has gone, or that he was 82. Time flies, I guess. I idolised him when I was younger. I think the outtakes at the end of The Cannonball Run were one of the most joyful things I'd ever experienced when I was about eight.

Daveycandlish

Quote from: JamesC on 06 September, 2018, 09:46:13 PM
the end of The Cannonball Run were one of the most joyful things I'd ever experienced when I was about eight.

They still crease me today. Wonderful stuff.

Burt will get all the headlines but British comedy actress Liz Frazer also died today, aged 88.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

The Forbidden Planet blog.

A really, really good blog, and one I'm sad to see the end of.