Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Fungus on 02 September, 2015, 10:50:40 PM
First time my local W H Smith hasn't stocked it. I may be buying the hell out of it at FP tomorrow. Shame they're always sealed (although I see why they do that).

PF in Edinbra don't stock it, however the RSMcColl in St James Centre does, they also carry a healthy supply of the Prog and Megazine, which is nice.
DDT did a job on me

Jade Falcon

Okay, my thoughts, brief as they are.

First time I'd read any of this stuff.  I'd read the previous chopper stories wayyyyyy back, but Oz and the Judda story?  Never.  The only Judda style story I'd read was the Kraken assesment in Tale of a Dead Man and bits in Necropolis. 

I liked the book overall.  Nice little 'easter egg' with the Paul Hogan caves.  I'm mixed on the division between the Judda storyline and the Chopper, thinking there were certain elements of the Judda that could have been increased and cut some of the more filler aspects of the Chopper storyline.

Don't get me wrong, its a damned good book.  I sat down and read it all in one sitting, and that was without undue rushing of it.  The mutant aerial creatures in the Mexican area (can't remember its name off hand) were funny, and the art style of those reminded me a little of some of the more chaotic Yutjee (sp?) creatures that Bellardinelli created in Meltdown Man.

Overall, very happy with this.  What's next?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Next issue is [spoiler]Day of Chaos: Endgame[/spoiler], and then [spoiler]Total War[/spoiler].

Jamie1000013

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 September, 2015, 09:08:26 PM
Next issue is [spoiler]Day of Chaos: Endgame[/spoiler], and then [spoiler]Total War[/spoiler].

That's awesome was looking forward to the next part of Day of chaos.

Just out of interest what was the dispute about the ending of Oz about between Wagner and Grant? Just finished and it was awesome, one of the best so far so just wandering what the alternative ending would have been.

Richard

Grant wanted Dredd to shoot Chopper in the back.

TordelBack

Which would have been rubbish, because that's what Dredd usually does. The hesitation, the respect, the difficulty of the decision, the conclusion denied... That was the better ending.

On the other hand, killing off Chop at '12 was entirely fitting. It's a good job no other writer interfered with that ending...

The Monarch

One point during choppers flight he was shot at by an unseen person was this supposed to be that hitman from the post oz story of the same name?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The monarch on 08 September, 2015, 02:16:03 AM
One point during choppers flight he was shot at by an unseen person was this supposed to be that hitman from the post oz story of the same name?

In a city of 400 million people, most of them unhinged, gun-toting lunatics... it's unlikely that Jacobi just happened to be sat on the roof of his block that night, on the offchance that Chopper passed overhead. Factor in that the city sky is full of sky-surfers, bat-gliders and flying cars, and how would the shooter even know who he was firing at anyway?
@jamesfeistdraws

robert_ellis

Just got the Oz issue - Wow! The colours look great and I love the intro & interview. I'm wondering how they'll combine the previous chopper stories - I guess with the later ones. It shows how 2000ad goes into your brain when I can remember the missing caption after the painted Steve Dillon dolphin double page. Lovely cover but the endpapers were a bit dull. Maybe there just wasn't a better landscape image. All in all this book is a steal - thanks to all involved.

The Monarch

it was further on when chopper was flying over a jungle that chopper was shot at by an unknown shooter we never see the shooter

Dark Jimbo

Ah, right- faulty memory circuits! It's probably even more unlikely that it was Jacobi, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

Anzati

Issues 18 and 19 just arrived...gutted heavily bashed in the post and mashed corners of the books. This is the first time that I've felt I need to ask for replacements :( Also, unless I just got dodgy books, the quality of the printing (particularly on  the title pages, credits and recap pages) has taken a bit of a nose dive...misaligned plates, fuzzy text, dull reds, white specks showing through the black...really hope I just got a couple of iffy issues and the replacements will be at the usual standard.

robert_ellis

Great timing to get total war just before their re-appearance in the Meg. Truely tharg is mighty.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Anzati on 14 September, 2015, 12:15:19 PM
really hope I just got a couple of iffy issues and the replacements will be at the usual standard.

Contact them. The consensus seems to be that they're very good about replacing damaged books. Mention the printing thing, too — you may well have duff copies.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

I've had three or four books replaced so far. All done through Facebook. Never had a problem. All replacement books arrived within a week—and with better packaging.