Main Menu

Aborted Judge Dredd comic in the 1980s

Started by Richard, 27 May, 2017, 09:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Mike Collins had the Badlander artwork at one of the cons (Lawgiver I think), no lettering from what I recall.

Richard

QuoteAll the stories apparently exist/existed, published and unpublished

Yeah, Tharg needs to fix that.

Max Headroom

Anyone know what the 'Anderson' story was?

Steve Green

I'm not sure if timings fit, but there was a Grant/Ewins dark judges story which Brett did some concept dark judges for.

Think it might have been posted on Dale's 2000AD Tat and Chat FB Group.

It never happened but they eventually made a cameo in a story where alt dimension Judges from Judda-city One where the Judda rule.

Maybe that one?

terryworld

oh how i would LOVE it if ol' green bonce were to put together a copy of this and the legendary Prog 0 for us to have physical copies of and hold in our thrill hungry hands.

megazine floppys perhaps?

maryanddavid

Most of the material has appeared.
Helltrekkers, the first Anderson appeared in the Prog, Bad Company by W&G and Carlos appeared in the Meg in an article.
Blockers was in one of the Mega Specials, Badlander, first episode art completed, and the script exits too.  The cadets tale was retooled and appeared in Lawman of the Future.

Max Headroom

What is the "legendary Prog 0" terryworld talks of? (Is this yet another publication I have no knowledge of!)

Richard

QuoteThe cadets tale was retooled and appeared in Lawman of the Future.

I can't see on Barney that Ian Gibson did a story for LotF, so I take it that "retooled" means "completely redone from scratch." Many other stories in that comic were just re-tellings of classic tales from the prog, like Judge Death and The Graveyard Shift.

I want to see the Wagner & Gibson original.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Fascinating how Joe can bestow his bountiful wisdom upon us, and it doesn't feel like being slowly and painfully lectured to death.

JOE SOAP

I'm respectfully lazy so just the facts, will do.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richard on 29 May, 2017, 11:57:59 AM

I can't see on Barney that Ian Gibson did a story for LotF, so I take it that "retooled" means "completely redone from scratch." Many other stories in that comic were just re-tellings of classic tales from the prog, like Judge Death and The Graveyard Shift.

Night Patrol issue#2

TordelBack

Yet again i am forced to wonder why Simon Fraser doesn't draw more Dredd.  That's gorgeous.

Richard

Thanks Joe!

As I suspected, Ian Gibson's version has yet to see the light of day.

dweezil2

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 May, 2017, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: Richard on 29 May, 2017, 11:57:59 AM

Night Patrol issue#2

Looking forward to diving into LOTF after picking up a complete run cheap recently and having only picked up a few issues on its initial release.

I'm curious to see how the '95 movie spinoff title holds up 22 years later!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo