Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't think a fairground full of boots will entice anyone Peter!

Banners

Work and personal email are both down, as is my company's online banking at the Co-op (since yesterday). The internet is shit, basically.

M@

Roger Godpleton

Double points with Odeon loyalty card this week. Is there anything I want to see? Is there fuck. (Bright Star isn't on in MK).
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: Banners on 06 November, 2009, 10:44:12 PM
Work and personal email are both down, as is my company's online banking at the Co-op (since yesterday). The internet is shit, basically.

This summer I opened an online banking account with Tesco because I had a few hundred pounds spare and I wanted to get £20 worth of hotel vouchers for nothing. Well, the few hundred pounds wasn't spare for long and I urgently needed it back because once my year's teaching ran out and I was on the dole again I was soon at the limits of my overdraft.

However, there was a very complicated process involved in registering for online access involving my customer number, registration number, password and PIN. There was no telephone helpline for customers until they had requested a registration number by post, so I was stuck at that point and couldn't find my customer number, even though I knew my account number. With an awful lot on my plate (never-ending communication with the benefits agencies, summer of DIY, numerous job applications and interviews, 50-hour working week again as of September), it took me 5 months from opening the account to finally getting the online registration done. Even then it was only with the assistance of the nice people on the telephone helpline. In the same transaction I closed the account and had them send me a cheque for the balance on the grounds that it was more trouble than it was worth and the money was more use to me in my current account than in savings.

I got my £20 worth of hotel vouchers, but I also incurred £20 in unauthorized overdraft charges for my current account while I couldn't get my hands on the cash, so the benefits of banking with Tesco were cancelled out by the difficulty I had using the account.

Today I got a leaflet in the post outlining the 20-or-so steps involved in registering for online banking, which just confirmed me in my conviction that it was never worth the bother.
STRIKE !!!

Tiplodocus

Bah - my Bahrain gig has been put back six days which means I'm going to have to beg an extra day off work or miss out.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

I was speaking to a friend yesterday and because I was shopping he said he'd ring me in the evening, I said anytime will do as I'm off so will be in bed tomorrow.
The evening came and went, I stayed up through the night, to keep my body clock in order and went to bed this morning.
What does my friend do, he bloody rings me at 11:30.
THANKS MATE!

COMMANDO FORCES

Postman has just been and I've just realised that the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits CD still hasn't turned up.
I hate it when the gits put a few extra 'new' songs on just to entice you into buying it. Still it's a Christmas prezzie for the wife so I don't care.

Come on postie!!!!

Roger Godpleton

Apparently my brother told a teacher to "fuck off".

Mike Gloady

Oh Roger, he sounds like my kind of kid.  When I was five, I asked the teacher how to spell "fuck".  And other words too.  Yes, including that one. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Peter Wolf

I did once as well or to be more exact i used a term of abuse beginning with A that comprises of two words preceded by "fucking".

This resulted in being caned 3 times but expulsion from the school was only just avoided.i also had to write a letter of apology to the teacher that i insulted.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

Coming soon to a movie theatre near you: Sgt Rock ...

IN THE FUTURE.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 11 November, 2009, 01:57:45 AM
Coming soon to a movie theatre near you: Sgt Rock ...

IN THE FUTURE.

Yep saw that over at CBR and it made me cringe. What are they thinking, no really what the hell are they thinking???? At this point a few more years development hell might be a good think for the Sgt. Rock movie.

vzzbux

Fucking work van bastard broke down today. Took the AA nearly 1hr to get to us. Towed half way across Leicestershire to the Ford depot. Then had to wait half hour for a replacement van. Then had to finish days work as no fucker else could be bothered to help out. Home at 19:30 kids in bed. Cunt.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Banners

A client set an absolute deadline of today for their project being finished, so I switched priorities - to the detriment of other clients. Now, with what should be the final artwork finished, it turns out the client is away, and that it wasn't a real deadline anyway - they just said that as 'they wanted me to make a head start'. Gah!

M@