Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Money they could be paying people they already employ.  Disgusting, and not just the (presumed) smell.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

What a joke that council is!

The pay review is being carried out by Councils nationwide following a court ruling that thousands of women Council employees were underpaid for years.

Councils face bills of millions to put matters right and began reviews of pay structures. In Leeds the bill is around £3m.

In Leeds 45 per cent of the Council's 35,000 staff will not be affected, and 47 per cent will receive pay increase. But eight per cent - about 3,500 workers - face pay cuts.

So what we shall do to you workers is decrease your pay significantly so that you will lose your houses.
I'm afraid we need to rise up and fight back people of Britain or we could all just sit back and watch X-Factor as that will make it everything okay. Cowell is part of the Governments policy to control the masses and make everyone a puppet.
Not me, I'm ready for the fight back, Who's with me?

Kerrin

Quote from: Noisybast on 13 November, 2009, 07:05:30 PM
Tesco have run out of scotch bonnet chillis, Asda's are mouldy beyond belief and the "Eastern Foodstore" up the road's aren't far behind. I've managed to get the least worst chillis obtainable round here, but they still ain't great.

Grow your own Noisy! A friend of mine is a chilli growing maniac. There's a greenhouse full of untold varieties but he also grows them inside as pot plants, they're surprisingly cheerful plants to look at, he's even got them in his office.

Mike Gloady

Yeah, I'll fight back with you CF.  If it isn't too difficult....

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 13 November, 2009, 08:07:20 PM
Yeah, I'll fight back with you CF.  If it isn't too difficult....

I don't know if I'll be able to get up from this laptop and start the revolution just yet. Plus I've got to keep paying the mortgage for a couple more years, so once that's paid up the fight back will begin.

Mike Gloady

Yeah.  Later.

Mmmmmmm.  Just had a cracking plate of mashed spuds with finely chopped spring onion and chives.  Made a little too much actually, but it was so good I left my sausages for a sandwich later when I'm hungry.  My minor impediment being my belly not being large enough for the mash, carrots AND sausage.  And that the security light in the back garden kept going off because of a bloody fox. 

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm trying to find the thread about the latest Big Finish CD's but my search just can't find it. I wanted to post that the new CD arrived today and that I'm going to listen to it at work later.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 November, 2009, 07:39:32 PM
What a joke that council is!

The pay review is being carried out by Councils nationwide following a court ruling that thousands of women Council employees were underpaid for years.

Councils face bills of millions to put matters right and began reviews of pay structures. In Leeds the bill is around £3m.

In Leeds 45 per cent of the Council's 35,000 staff will not be affected, and 47 per cent will receive pay increase. But eight per cent - about 3,500 workers - face pay cuts.

So what we shall do to you workers is decrease your pay significantly so that you will lose your houses.
I'm afraid we need to rise up and fight back people of Britain or we could all just sit back and watch X-Factor as that will make it everything okay. Cowell is part of the Governments policy to control the masses and make everyone a puppet.
Not me, I'm ready for the fight back, Who's with me?

I am but i have been in the fight for years already .

I dont want to start on all this here either.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

They gave me a gift card at work today for being flexible and a good worker in general, after I'd paid for my lunch. The real problem is that this is almost certainly the smoking gun which proves to my rampantly paranoid self that my employers are going to fire my ass just for fun.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Christov

I had the most tasteless dinner ever. Might as well have eaten cardboard covered in sadness.

Roger Godpleton

Thor isn't being shot on the field round the back of my house in Newport Pagnell.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Noisybast

Quote from: Kerrin on 13 November, 2009, 07:45:23 PM
Grow your own Noisy! A friend of mine is a chilli growing maniac. There's a greenhouse full of untold varieties but he also grows them inside as pot plants, they're surprisingly cheerful plants to look at, he's even got them in his office.

Ah, I've tried that twice. They get to about 3-4 inches, then go grey-mouldy and die. I don't think my flat's an ideal place for house plants - not enough light. Either that or I over-watered them (despite trying quite hard not to).

I'm managing to keep several cacti and a dragon fruit plant alive, but that's about my limit indoors.

My pepper-pot was quite tasty, though. Predictably enough, the GF didn't like it. It had vegetables and seasoning in...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 November, 2009, 12:12:14 AM
Thor isn't being shot on the field round the back of my house in Newport Pagnell.

Ah man, I HATE it when that happens!

TordelBack

Victoria Coren will never be mine.  Curse cruel fate that I married too young (37).  Still, her hair mesmerises.  Let that be enough.

Kerrin

We just had a hailstorm that set off a car alarm. It sounded like mine, so I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes and a kagoule (or anorak if you prefer) and rushed outside in the hoofing down hailstones to sort it out. It wasn't my alarm. Typical.