Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I've just spent ages looking for my list of Foundry Workshop figures that I need, as when I bought the first bunch of packs way back in 2004 they sent me an invoice which I kept. This tells me how many packs I bought that time and saves me checking each bloody figure off their website so I can order the rest for Christmas, now they are reduced.
Would you credit it, the list was in the draw of unopened figures ::)

Anyway I now have to order packs 5 to 9 at a total of £120 compared to £200, not bad at all.

COMMANDO FORCES

What a night ::)

Sam has been ill sice Friday evening and we went to the doctors with him and he prescribed something (the missus knows what), we then went and got it before the chemists shut.
Today he layed on the settee all day and slept most of it and when we took him to bed I made his futon part of his bunk bed up for him and placed a bucket by his head. About twelve'ish these twats woke me up outside yapping (I'd been coughing all night as well) so I decided to get up and watch some stuff.
Less than five minutes later I heard Sam coughing hard, so I went to see if he was okay. As soon as I stood on the bottom stair I smelt the sick, (great) thank God I made the futon up.
About 40 mins later everything was cleaned up and he's sleeping on my side of our bed which means I will have to squeeze in next to him about 05:30 when I go back to bed.
I must admit the wife did all the cleaning up while I just watched coughing but I gave her support!
He seems a lot better now as I think the bug came out with the vomit (that's my medical opinion anyway).

vzzbux

Sophie was vomiting through Friday night/ Saturday morning and then was right as rain, go figure?
Must be something going around.
That gave me a long day yesterday as I didn't get home until 8 last night from work.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Christov

The spoils of my eBay victory won't be leaving Hong Kong until tomorrow, even though it's been at their bloody post office for 5 days already.

House of Usher

I had a meeting last week to discuss my new job. On the positive side, the salary, pension, perks and promotion prospects are all excellent. Very nice working environment, only 15 miles from home, flexible working hours and great employees' facilities on site.

On the negative side, for the first year it's a project I suspect no-one else wanted to do, and they still haven't made me a firm offer regarding salary. They're still having to mull over which end of the £2,000-wide pay band to offer me, for a graduate post, when I've had 5 years' postgrad training, 3 postgrad qualifications and 6 years' employment in areas substantially related to the one I'm to be employed in.

It's all very well to be given the sales pitch that the salary isn't everything because the pension contributions and job security are great, but if I were to accept £2,000 less than the top of the pay band I'd be down £50,000 over the remainder of my working life, and the pension contributions which go with that.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

As I've recently discovered while dealing with the grievances of people leaving our company involuntarily (i.e. being made redundant), company pension scheme contributions aren't worth snot unless you're actually planning on (or absolutely certain of) retiring from that company.  In this jurisdication anyway.

Pension Companies are fast climbing my personal Racket league table of state-mandated thieves, alongside perennial fave Insurance Companies.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 November, 2009, 03:24:22 PM
I've just found out that in the same four week period that the housing association is fitting an entire new bathroom and kitchen in our flat, our wonderful subsidised restaurant at work is being refurbished too, so no hot lunches OR dinners.

the good news is that the work in the flat has been out off till after Christmas. The bad news is it's because there may be asbestos present (despite the fact that they already checked for this once). They're due to come back to check more thoroughly in a couple of weeks - if any is detected, grud knows what that'll mean disruption-wise.

House of Usher

When I'm being told "don't worry about only being paid x because you'll get great pension contributions on top of that," my response is "yes, but not only is x + £2,000 more than x, but the pension contributions on top of x + £2,000 are going to be that much greater."

The bottom line - my salary - is my main concern, and any pension benefits don't compensate for low salary so much as they enhance higher salary.
STRIKE !!!

SmallBlueThing

...because, at about eleven o'clock last night I started to feel a bit crappy. At 11.30 I was projectile vomming down my bog- and this didn't stop until 5.30 this morning! My insides are now strained to absolute hell, and I was left dry-retching for two hours as my stomach turned over and over. I now have a splitting headache, every muscle aches from straining and I have only just now managed to hold down a piece of dry toast and some electrolyte powder. If that stays down I may try for a cup of tea at six.

As a result, I've had to take today, tonight and tomorrow morning off work- which I can't afford to do. So some of those "bargains" I found last night on the Net for te kids for xmas will have to be forgotten.

I am very pissed off.

SBT

Roger Godpleton

I have two days off work. I also have the squirts.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

I think the forum has given us all a virus as I'm sat here with a Beechams. After last nights fiasco with Sam I seem to have been infected as my head is throbbing and I keep coughing. Best of all when I went to bed this morning I had the shivers and I was under 3 quilts in the end, now that was shit >:(

worldshown

Whilst Jermaine Defoewas serving three match ban, I swopped him for Darren Bent in my fantasy league team. I didn't realise he was back this week so I didn't swop back. He's just scored five against Wigan.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Bum gravy is a distinct possibility in my near future....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Mike Gloady

There's a "Best of Snow Patrol" out.  It's 2 discs.

1. They've been around for five mintes.
2. TWO discs?  What, one track per disc?

The record buying public really depress me sometimes.  If ever a band deserved to be a one hit wonder it's .... Coldplay.  But Snow Patrol are in secnd place.  Awful.  Put me in a grumpy mood now....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever