Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 22 November, 2009, 10:20:02 PM
There's a "Best of Snow Patrol" out.  It's 2 discs.

1. They've been around for five mintes.
2. TWO discs?  What, one track per disc?

The record buying public really depress me sometimes.  If ever a band deserved to be a one hit wonder it's .... Coldplay.  But Snow Patrol are in secnd place.  Awful.  Put me in a grumpy mood now....

They've actually been around since the mid-nineties but were only signed to a major record label in 2003. I only know this 'cos I read up on them when doing this...

http://malcolmkirk.deviantart.com/art/Snow-Patrol-Comic-Strip-135453606

COMMANDO FORCES

Just checked for you Mike and it's 15 tracks per disc, lucky you!

wild-seven

They've been around for 15 years, each one of them producing aural torture or the soundtrack to ovulating 30-something's wedding dances - I guess it depends on how you look at it
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Peter Wolf

I dont get snow Patrol either as i just find them dreary.

They were signed to Fiction Records which was the Cures record label.At the time they were signed i knew Chris Parry [really just an aquaintence]who was the owner of Fiction records and they were signed just to make money as they were riding on the wave of all that Coldplay rubbish that was popular at the time.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 22 November, 2009, 10:20:02 PM
There's a "Best of Snow Patrol" out.  It's 2 discs.

1. They've been around for five mintes.
2. TWO discs?  What, one track per disc?

The record buying public really depress me sometimes.  If ever a band deserved to be a one hit wonder it's .... Coldplay.  But Snow Patrol are in secnd place.  Awful.  Put me in a grumpy mood now....

I thought I liked 'em based on the duet "set the fire to the third bar" which was all over the telly a couple of years ago, so I bought the album.

Turns out it's Martha Wainwright I like!

I, Cosh

Quote from: M.I.K. on 22 November, 2009, 10:43:29 PM
They've actually been around since the mid-nineties but were only signed to a major record label in 2003. I only know this 'cos I read up on them when doing this...

http://malcolmkirk.deviantart.com/art/Snow-Patrol-Comic-Strip-135453606
Yeah. You couldn't go to a gig in Glasgow between 1996 and 2002 without the tedious fuckers appearing on the bill somewhere.
We never really die.

vzzbux

I get 2 days off work and yesterday I have been feeling shit, headache nausea and shitting water. Went to bed about 7 last night and this morning I am still feeling shit but at least I can fart now without following through.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 November, 2009, 11:33:50 PM
I thought I liked 'em based on the duet "set the fire to the third bar" which was all over the telly a couple of years ago, so I bought the album.

Turns out it's Martha Wainwright I like!

It just shows how great Martha Wainwright is that she made that song, not only bearable, but honestly, quit enjoyable.

COMMANDO FORCES

Managed to get through a nights work feeling okay and now that I'm home I feel shit again. Pass me that Beechams :(

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Goddamnit.  Sprog appears to be finally sleeping for long stretches, miracle of miracles, and I can't get to sleep myself.  Whiskey it is, then.

Mike Gloady

My dad used to put whiskey in my bottle to get me off to sleep.  Without it I'd average 1 hour of sleep per 24 and spend the other 23 crying for no reason.  It was that or my mum had another nervous breakdown....

wild-seven

The bath mat moved as I got into the shower this morning causing me to clatter my leg hard against the side of the bath. I now have an enourmous blue bruise which hurts like mad. Fudging bath mat  >:(
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

My mum's best mate popped round to see how I was.  Once inside and tea in hands, she burst into tears for ages.  Two hours pretty much.  I'm still in bits myself as she died at the beginning of October.  But of course, me being me, I had to be strong and gee her up (she's done lots for me and the family in general over the years).  Her visit was prompted by sorting through stuff in her spare room.  Several months back she'd picked up a fistfull of DVDs she'd lent my mum to watch from her bed.  Upon opening the bag, she found a card from my mum telling her not to worry and she'd miss her.  This must have been a good long while before she became seriously ill.  Upon seeing that, I burst into tears myself. 

Spoke to the doctor the other day about my memory.  Apparently this is "to be expected" given how shite my life is right now and my underlying depression (three years and counting - whoop!).  I've taken to carrying a little notebook with me everywhere like my old dad did towards the end - this helps to knock the memory problems on the head somewhat. 

My phone is so small and slim (recent upgrade, first in four years) that I can no longer find it.  And none of it's beeps are as loud as my poor ears require.  Stupid bloody technology, I don't care if idiots have deafened themselves - MAKE IT LOUDER!  Grrrrr.

Enough minor impediments I think to qualify as spuggage actually.  On the upside my missus posted a wicked entry in the short story competition here which seems to have gone down well - and she's got an even BETTER idea to come.  And she's being lovely.  So not all bad.  Hence impediments, not spugs.