Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Not quite a 'Life Spugs' entry, but I went back to being a commuter last week. Man, the rush hour crowds on the tube! Something else. The idea of being stuck in one of those crowded trains in a tunnel fills me with dread.

vzzbux

The most I have ever spent on a coat was at an American PX in Garmish on a skiing jacket for £150 back in 1993, Teflon coated and all that bollox. Still have it now.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Kerrin

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 November, 2009, 10:23:36 PM
This morning, I wasted my few hours off this week looking for a decent coat.   

Shop online for one TB. The large online retailers will often have decent kit from previous years going cheap. It won't be in the latest colour (oh no) but it's surprising how much you can save on some really good technical gear. I always do this with my mountain bike kit as well, saves a fortune.

TordelBack

Thanks Kerrin, didn't really expect advice, was just moaning about my wasted time, but I think I'll do just that.

satchmo

I just moved house and put all my comics into storage. 15,000 of the bastards. Even my Tarots :) Who let me buy so many? My back hurts.

wild-seven

I'm being PERSUED and HARRASSED by ladybirds, hundreds of the damn things! It's winter, where the buggery chuff are they all coming from?
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Dandontdare

Quote from: wild-seven on 29 November, 2009, 09:23:50 PM
I'm being PERSUED and HARRASSED by ladybirds, hundreds of the damn things! It's winter, where the buggery chuff are they all coming from?
That's weird - like some kind of biblical plague. You haven't recently stolen an ancient scarab from a pre-colombian temple or anything have you?

Christov

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 November, 2009, 09:45:30 PM
That's weird - like some kind of biblical plague. You haven't recently stolen an ancient scarab from a pre-colombian temple or anything have you?

Ooo, ancient curses are bleedin' horrible in the winter, but I think you can get a cream for it from Boots or something.

wild-seven

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 November, 2009, 09:45:30 PM

*pats self down* nope, no scarabs or ancient treasures about my person - BEGONE FOUL LADYBIRD PLAGUE!

Roger Godpleton

I was looking through the bookshelves and I saw my copy of Nozick's Anarchy, State & Utopia that I bought for £20 in 2005. I just went in there (Ottakar's/Waterstone's MK) and just bought it. These days I would hesitate for at least three minutes.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

I have been having the exact same problem with Flies.I must have counted about 50 yesterday and the day before there werent any.They were all congregating on the window inside and werent responsive to movement so i used the hoover to suck them all up.Today there was about 20 that went up the hoover as well.

NO idea where they all came from either.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

Peter & Wild,

Isn't it obvious?

They don't HATE you.  They have identified you as their god.  Give them tasks (such as fetching platters of freshly caught wild Cheeseburgers or similar) and they will experience religious bliss by serving you. 

However, it will mean that you must spend eternity with them and listen to their insect songs of adoration on crudely built bug-harps.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 29 November, 2009, 11:01:19 PM
Peter & Wild,

Isn't it obvious?

They don't HATE you.  They have identified you as their god.  Give them tasks (such as fetching platters of freshly caught wild Cheeseburgers or similar) and they will experience religious bliss by serving you. 

However, it will mean that you must spend eternity with them and listen to their insect songs of adoration on crudely built bug-harps.

If all i can do is attract flies then i dont know why i even bother.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

wild-seven

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 29 November, 2009, 11:01:19 PM
Peter & Wild,

Isn't it obvious?

They don't HATE you.  They have identified you as their god.  Give them tasks (such as fetching platters of freshly caught wild Cheeseburgers or similar) and they will experience religious bliss by serving you.  

So how does this ladybird song go then Mike? *eagerly awaits bug symphony* I found one on the cooker this morning - maybe it likes porridge?