Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 18 December, 2009, 11:49:39 AM

Would anyone here mind if i did that in their front garden at 2am ?

2:00am is a somewhat crucial detail you omitted from your original post, Peter, and very much marks a dividing line between "justifiably annoyed" and "miserable bastard".

Fair enough -- send 'em on their way!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Banners

Quote from: Banners

The net result of all this will be an hour wasted - and the hi-res images being sent across as requested.

Which is exactly what happened. Bah!

M@

uncle fester

Quote from: Banners on 18 December, 2009, 12:51:33 PM

The net result of all this will be an hour wasted - and the hi-res images being sent across as requested.

M@

Sounds like the newbie at the other end is trying to justify their desk space.

House of Usher

Quote from: uncle fester on 18 December, 2009, 12:59:01 PM
Quote from: Banners on 18 December, 2009, 12:51:33 PM

M@

Sounds like the newbie at the other end is trying to justify their desk space.

Like something out of a page-a-day Dilbert desk calendar.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 December, 2009, 12:10:32 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 18 December, 2009, 11:49:39 AM

Would anyone here mind if i did that in their front garden at 2am ?

2:00am is a somewhat crucial detail you omitted from your original post, Peter, and very much marks a dividing line between "justifiably annoyed" and "miserable bastard".

Fair enough -- send 'em on their way!

Cheers

Jim

It had to be done but they did run off [literally] with one of the plastic lids to the recycling boxes.

Ruddy kids .....

Wait till i get my hands on em the little bastards !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm looking forward to driving up to Bradford tonight. Last week the roads were clear, I have a feeling tonight may be different.
I'm taking my sleeping bag on this one ::)

Mike Gloady

Fair play PW.

Banners, either the newb is, as a previous poster put it, "trying to justify desk space" or they're a little worried about getting into trouble and making a mistake in a new role.  Bloody annoying either way.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Sam just brought a snowball into the house and threw it at me :o

Dandontdare

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 December, 2009, 01:51:01 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 December, 2009, 01:29:34 PM
Sam just brought a snowball into the house and threw it at me :o
Pull another tooth out!

Cripes, looks like that there Helltrek is being led by the Marathon Man! 

COMMANDO FORCES

COMMANDO FORCES

Just trying to figure out my new phone, what a fiasco. I'm in for a mental night at work trying to sort the bugger out. Still haven't figured out how to call anyone  :-[

vzzbux

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 December, 2009, 07:41:26 PM
Just trying to figure out my new phone, what a fiasco. I'm in for a mental night at work trying to sort the bugger out. Still haven't figured out how to call anyone  :-[

then dail number.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

After spending 2 hours longer than usual in driving down to Brighton from Essex via the Dartford crossing, to see my family for the first time since August, I can honestly say that one minor impediment is the selfish f***ers who insist - insist, I say - upon turning out to drive on frozen roads in the middle of a blizzard just to do their Christmas shopping at Thurrock Lakeside the last Monday before Christmas.
>:(

I say, if you can't get it mail order or find it in a shop within 20 minutes of home, then you probably don't need it.

(I say this as someone who didn't absolutely have to travel right there and then, significantly increasing the risk level of my journey and others' by putting one more car on the road in icy conditions, but if I hadn't my mum would've been very disappointed (and very nearly was, as I arrived in Brighton only 10 minutes before the time of the restaurant booking instead of 2 hours), I would have been absent from a family dinner out at a table for 10, and I'd have been a day later returning to Cardiff and by Christmas Eve I'd still have been sorting out the pigsty mess we left behind here instead of wrapping presents.)
:|
STRIKE !!!