Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

You should have called in at Peter's as he lives by the sea!

House of Usher

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 December, 2009, 08:57:03 PM
You should have called in at Peter's as he lives by the sea!

Regrettably it was only a flying visit. Sorry, Peter.  ;)

I was back and forth like a yo-yo all weekend. Cardiff to Essex on Friday; down to Brighton on Saturday and back up to Essex the same night; back down to Brighton on Monday evening and back to Cardiff today, with a detour off the M4 to avoid long delays due to an accident, down to Winchester and back up via the Newbury bypass - which, incidentally, got blocked the Oxford side of the M4 going north and the Southampton side going south even as we were driving along it on the unaffected northwards stretch south of the M4.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

I always feel compelled to read Zatanna's backward words and it takes far too long.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

I haven't had a proper night's sleep in at least 4 weeks because I've been burning the candle at both ends for work and pleasure, but mostly work. On my Christmas visit I found my in-laws' foam mattress on one night and divan airbed on another both too uncomfortable to sleep on, so no rest there either. The flickering muscle of sleep deprivation in my forehead, which I've never experienced before, has still not gone away!
STRIKE !!!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 23 December, 2009, 09:52:52 AM
The flickering muscle of sleep deprivation in my forehead, which I've never experienced before, has still not gone away!

See, you try to avoid the consequences of reproduction by keeping a souwester on the little sailor, but nature finds a way to hit you up anyway.

COMMANDO FORCES

>:(Aaaaaargh! >:(

Whilst walking up my street I saw the postman collecting his second bags worth of mail from the postal van parked over the road from our house.
I jokingly said "I hope you haven't left one of those sorry, you were out notes" to which he stood and thought for a micro second and then said "It's in the van".
I quickly started to sprint up to the vehicle whilst shouting but the BASTARD drove off. Now I have to go down the town tomorrow and collect the bloody things (it said on the card two packets).
I know that one is a present for a relative but the second I think may be one of those New Mongoose Dredd books, (not the game) as when I was down town I noticed whilst checking my account, that the Book Depository had taken the appropriate amount out for the first book!

House of Usher

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 December, 2009, 02:30:10 PM
he stood and thought for a micro second and then said "It's in the van". I quickly started to sprint up to the vehicle whilst shouting but the BASTARD drove off.

Was it by any chance this same fella: http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,25797.msg477572.html#msg477572?

I wonder why!  :lol:
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

House of Usher

We have to keep the postmen sweet. They have power over us!  :lol:
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

I was nice to the one on foot, this time. It's the van driver who better watch out, I shall be going down to the collection place about 12:00ish :thumbsdown:

Roger Godpleton

I put my boxers on back to front today.

[spoiler]The skids are on the front which may render them unsalvagable.[/spoiler]
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

I bet they don't smell as bad as Victoria Wood's belated return to TV sketch comedy.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

i nearly fell off the ladder whilst retrieving pressies out of the attic today,not to bad but the attic door is right next to the bannister and i fel that way which would have been a bit of a bugger i can tell you.