Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Over the weekend we had the Maidstone River Festival. It's an annual event full of nautical things to do with the river, plus many other non nautical things.

On Saturday night after a visit to the the aforementioned festival and a delightful family meal out we were relaxing at home. I heard the fireworks start (I think it was 22:00 or it might have been 22:15, I can't quite remember), I called Sam out of his room and the Forces family all stood in the bath looking at the firework display through the open window. It went on for a good 15 minutes and was better than most that I have seen in the country (not from the bathroom window I might add).

I'm sure you'll agree that my family know how to have fun  ;)

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

The immediately future isn't as bleak as I thought it might be. Financial ruin isn't an inevitability for me and my partner after all. That's something to be glad about.
STRIKE !!!

staticgirl

Richmond Clements

We were out in the wilds last ASunday for a total of about two hours and in that time I picked up twelve ticks.
Last night was the first night this week I had something approaching a comfortable nights sleep without itching to death.

SmallBlueThing

...because, on my jaunt into town today I picked up the recent Rebellion Complete D.R & Quinch for £3, Tomes of the Dead: Anno Mortis in mint condition for £1.99 and Alan Dean Foster's novelisation of The Thing for £1.

And, it's PIRATE DAY today, here in Hastings. Arrrrr! So there are hundreds of girls wandering about in corsets, tiny skirts and stripey/ skully stockings.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 06 August, 2010, 02:07:54 PM
And, it's PIRATE DAY today, here in Hastings. Arrrrr! So there are hundreds of girls wandering about in corsets, tiny skirts and stripey/ skully stockings.

SBT

And you tell me this mid afternoon, when I can't get down there! Saying that, I was down there this morning at 04:00 and I saw no pirates. I thought that would be the time they would be smuggling  ;)

SmallBlueThing

Theyve just broken the guiness world record for 'most pirates in one place'. Previous record was 1800, we had over 6000! the town, and especially the old town, is heaving with them!
Watch south east news tonight!
SBT

SmallBlueThing

And, of couse, tonight is BURLESK!: PIRATE VOYAGES! from 8 at Venuu, starring, er, my wife. Arrrr.
SBT

vzzbux

I would have thought one of the coastal townships in Somalia would contain the most Pirates in one area.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

...because last night i had eight foot snakes slinking all over me, and one licked my nose.
Now, im not a reptile freak, wouldnt have them as pets (i leave that to mrs sbt, who has had dragons, snakes and enormous arachnids in her time and famously used to carry tarantulas in her hair) but these were utterly gorgeous, and i didnt want to put them down.
SBT

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 06 August, 2010, 02:07:54 PM
...because, on my jaunt into town today I picked up the recent Rebellion Complete D.R & Quinch for £3, Tomes of the Dead: Anno Mortis in mint condition for £1.99 and Alan Dean Foster's novelisation of The Thing for £1.

SBT

I just found a copy of League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 1 GBP ! in my local charity shop.I also found some good records.Legalise It - Peter Tosh and the first Specials album and an album by Funkapolitan.

I really need to get my shit together and move back to Hastings as i am just about done with Brighton.My old house is for sale as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

staticgirl

... I still have masses of Chinese food to finish off.

....6music on form today music wise if not irritating comedian-wise

Dandontdare

Waterstones have resumed their 3 for 2 offer on all SF & fantasy, which includes all paperback GNs.

Which means I'll probably end up spending loads more than I can afford.

I, Cosh

On the bus home from Edinburgh I had to sit next a horrendously fat woman. All the way through I could feel her warm, sweaty, jellylike leg squashed up against me no matter how much I tried to squirm to one side. The constant awareness of it made me feel slightly sick.

Then I found a fiver in the pocket of a pair of trousers I was putting in the wash, so it's swings and roundabouts.
We never really die.