Main Menu

Support Judge Dredd on Fourth Plinth 20th September!

Started by Wake, 16 September, 2009, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Andy Grannell's got me impressed. He's a confident public speaker. If he's not a broadcaster, he should be.
STRIKE !!!

Emperor

It got a mention on Bleeding Cool too:
www.bleedingcool.com/2009/09/20/sunday-morning-2000ad-plinth/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 20 September, 2009, 02:52:04 PM
Andy Grannell's got me impressed. He's a confident public speaker. If he's not a broadcaster, he should be.

Thats just what i am thinking as i am watching it right now.

He must have scared off all the Pigeons though !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Buttonman

A good effort, second only to the man sticking leaves to a sheet last night.

I enjoyed the hour and was lucky enough to have all of my texts read out - broadcast to a world stage at last!

Pity it wasn't 3pm but at least it wasn't 3am. Great stuff and clearly from the heart. I too would have mumbled after getting through all my material and freebies in five minutes.

Good pics too Steve - did you get a snap with the man himself?

Steve Green

Yeah, I got a couple of pics, but I don't have them - Andy's going to forward them.

I took one of the helmets we're using for Minty down with me, so we've got a couple of pics of us with helmets on :)

Cheers,

Steve

Mike Gloady

Sorry I didn't make it.  Family life is hectic at the moment for one reason or another and that interfered with my ability to show my face.  Apologies, rest assured, my absence was in a good cause.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Emperor

Somoene dressed as Judge Dath should have gone down and heckled him. Or with more planning, the full Dredd rogue's gallery should have gone - all the Dark Judges, Cal, Rico, a couple of Kleggs, the Angel Gang, Captain Skank, etc.

Really there should be one person on the board with the kit for each one, so this kind of thing can be whipped together at short notice ;) Of course, not everyone could make each showing but even the excuses would have good entertainment value: "Judge Fire sends his apologies but he is having his piles lasered off," now that would be gazing into the face of fear  :o
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Paul faplad Finch

To my eternal shame  I forgot all about this. I am now endeavouring to get it on the plinth site. My laptop is doing it's usual trick of buffering 3secs of footage at a time so I am going to bed and will watch it at some point tomorrow.
That is if it has a replay option similar to you tube and other video sites. Otherwise I willl have wasted my time. Oh well.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

thejudgemuffin

Just thought I would share a photo taken after the plinth event, back in the hotel, after bursting into the restaurant and insisting all citizens have a peaceful breakfast (which was very funny!)  I had to go to my room...and in the words of Mean Machine..."I went up to 4!"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: thejudgemuffin on 21 September, 2009, 07:32:26 PM
Just thought I would share a photo taken after the plinth event, back in the hotel, after bursting into the restaurant and insisting all citizens have a peaceful breakfast (which was very funny!)  I had to go to my room...and in the words of Mean Machine..."I went up to 4!"

Nice one!

May I direct you in the direction of this: http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26038.msg455205/topicseen.html#msg455205

Mike Gloady

"HAVE A PEACEFUL BREAKFAST MRS GUNDERSON"

"Sorry young man, what was that?"

"I SAID.  HAVE.  A.  PEACEFUL.  BREAKFAST.  MRS.  GUNDERSON"

"No, I'm sorry I don't have any kippers, but there's toasted muffins and marmalade if you'd like, Judge Muffin"

Classic.

And immortalised in the Photoshop tennis thread.  Nice.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me