Main Menu

Cardiff Comic Con 2011... for REAL this time

Started by bluemeanie, 17 August, 2010, 11:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 October, 2010, 03:34:02 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 21 October, 2010, 03:00:13 PM
I'd love to be going to this, but money is tight and I'm feeling very, VERY conventioned-out...

-pj
But it's Cardiff. You won't find a better city in Wales.

fixed that for you  :D

James Stacey

worldshown

That's my ticket reserved then

I can't really miss an event that's only five miles from where I live.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 October, 2010, 04:42:53 PM
I'd love to be going to this, but money is tight and I'm feeling very, VERY conventioned-out...

-pj
But it's Cardiff. You won't find a better city in South Wales.

Fixed it for you.

MIKE COLLINS

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 21 October, 2010, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 October, 2010, 04:42:53 PM

-pj
But it's Cardiff. You won't find a better city in South Wales.

Fixed it for you.

You DO know that me, Teaguey, El Roacho and Goddardo all read the boards don't you?  :)

MIKE COLLINS

... Cardiff is a great place, been here 25 years... of course, I grew up in West Bromwich so pretty much anywhere is going to seem sophisticated after that  :lol:

Should be a good chunk of Tooth folks at the show (see list above) as we can all get to it by public transport!

bluemeanie

Theres a facebook thing for it as well now

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=163146757048361

Im just chuffed Wales is getting a con. Well overdue. Will be a struggle keeping to the hotel bar though when theres a Wetherspoons and P.C.s (or the Tut & Chive as its now known) only 5 minutes away.

If all goes to plan I have a dumb story in the 10thology book they're pimping too. Artist I nabbed is amazing so praying she doesnt drop out.

Lucifal

I see all the dealer space has been snapped up. :(

pauljholden

Quote from: MIKE COLLINS on 22 October, 2010, 09:56:55 AM
... Cardiff is a great place, been here 25 years... of course, I grew up in West Bromwich so pretty much anywhere is going to seem sophisticated after that  :lol:

Should be a good chunk of Tooth folks at the show (see list above) as we can all get to it by public transport!

Speak for yourself! I have to fly (via a plane...)

MIKE COLLINS

Quote from: pauljholden on 22 October, 2010, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: MIKE COLLINS on 22 October, 2010, 09:56:55 AM

Speak for yourself! I have to fly (via a plane...)

I meant me, El Roacho, Dylan and Patrick.... we're all a bus ride away !

bluemeanie

Just got told of a soon to be announced, and very cool, extra reason 2000AD fans are gonna want to be at Cardiff Con.

Wife would kill me if I told tho   :-X

Lets just say there will be lots of people unable to go who will be asking the "While you are there, can you pick me up..." question

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: bluemeanie on 03 December, 2010, 02:12:57 PM
Lets just say there will be lots of people unable to go who will be asking the "While you are there, can you pick me up..." question

That'll be me asking then  ;)

Tjm86

saw the flyer in FP in Cardiff a few weeks back but didn't fully register it.  Will have to push it with the kids in school as well.  Been dragging them over to Bristol pretty much every year for the last few years.  Looking at that line up it might be possible to get some of them out of their manga obsession!

Nice to see it's in a fairly central location too, same as Bristol.  Some of the Brum ones have been hard to get to / find in the past (dim and distant mind!)

Hope this pans out into a regular thing and kudos to the organisers, particularly in the present climes!

bluemeanie

Just posted up a pimp for it on my crappy website

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/looking-forward-to-cardiff-comic-expo/

quite a lot of 2000AD names going which is pretty cool. Not that I'll do anything more than mumble a "hello" at them of course. That said you could get yourself a pretty arsom 2000AD jam peice if you had the inclination... and if the artists were willing of course

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!