Main Menu

Lawgiver - a Celebration of Dredd, Birmingham 5th May 2014

Started by Mike Carroll, 07 February, 2014, 09:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

QuoteWalked down Gough Street there's on street parking on the day (limited) as it's a BH it'll be free

That's the reply I got on FB about bank holiday parking.

Rex Banner

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 26 February, 2014, 05:57:59 PM
Anyone driving up from my neck of the woods? I'll have a lot of comics with me!

We are. I'll send you a pm.

Bat King

Hi. I'm writing this on behalf of Rule32 Cafe, I'm not a member of Rule32 but I am on the list of organisers for this event. I'm running at least one Panel (Michael Carroll, Pete Doherty & Nick Percival) and I'm trying to arrange a few cool things (if they all come off it'll be pretty good - one will be used in publicity nearer the event if it happens...).

There are answers to questions & updates in here...

Updated Guest List:

• John Wagner
  • Alan Grant
  • Michael Carrol
  • Pete Doherty
  • Nick Percival
  • Edmund Dehn
  • Steve Sterlacchini
  • Steve Green

Regarding 'on the door' tickets.

Unfortunately these can't be offered for this event as guaranteed sales are required to cover costs. Remember it is 'not for profit' so the ticket prices cover costs.

This event will be used as a gauge for future Conventions. If this is a success it will be repeated next year in a bigger venue. A bigger venue will give more ticket availability and that will mean tickets available on the day.

So if you know you can make it please do book as soon as possible. Available now £20.00. Up to 2 u/16 free per paying adult, please let us know how many children are coming so we can keep an eye on numbers for that all important H&S stuff...

Traders

There are still Trader Tables available to those who want them. Available now £15.00

Twitter

@Lawgiver32

I know not everyone uses it... but if you do we have a Twitter Account (multiple Admins tweet from it, me included) and I'd if I can ask a big favour here... even if you aren't coming would you consider following the Twitter Account and retweet us now and then.

Facebook

Lawgiver: A Celebration of Dredd Event Page

Similarly, we understand not everyone uses FB. If you do please join the group (there is a 'not attending' option) to help increase the visibility of the Event. Sharing, liking, etc helps broaden our reach.

Future Conventions

All of the above will help make this Convention a success and in turn pave the way for more.

I'd love to see this grow & build on the community spirit 2000AD & Judge Dredd already have.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Bat King

No extra guests announced yet but looks like there will be more Judges around.  Plans are to have a photo op area with a Judge on hand, as well as the pateoling, and there will be plenty of around. Should give lots of chances for some cool pics.

SFX are going to be there, more Press Passes can still be arranged I beleive.

Any creators that fancy coming are obviously more than welcome. Just get in touch with Rule32, or me I guess as I can put you down in touch.

I have lost track of traders... I know there are some... anyone from here going as a trader? Happy to mention you next time I do a blog update on the event.

Remember that there aren't any tickets on the door. So earlier booked the better. Trader space is limited so don't delay in that if you want space. 

Just a thought, not discussed this with Rule32 as I just had the idea. Any non-2000ad-professional artists fancy having a sketching area? Might be doable (probably in the Trader area). If interested and I will ask about it for you.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Bolt-01

Bat King- If that does work out then I'll be happy to sit a scribble Judge for folks :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Bat King on 06 March, 2014, 09:53:45 AM
I have lost track of traders... I know there are some... anyone from here going as a trader? Happy to mention you next time I do a blog update on the event.

Me!

Bat King

Sketching area is a goer!

So If anyone wants a go at displaying their illustration skills come along! If you have sketches or paintings to sell you could even get your own Trader table.

You all booked CFM? Need people buying Dogbreath off your table :) as well as your own fair wares of course.

An orderly queue will be required for the autographing of Dogbreath 28.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

HdE

Really hoping I can get along to this. Just waiting for fmily in Solihull to let me kno if they can put me up - and whether I can get to the venue easily enough from their gaffe.

If it's a go, I might just bring my sketch pad and markers.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Mike Carroll

redbaz

Happy to say I'll be attending Lawgiver with my fellow Minty alumni. I'll also have a table from which I shall be doing sketches and stuff. Looking forward to meeting Mr Carroll finally and fellow squaxx from the boards.

Hawkmumbler

Birmingham? I dunno...i've heard tales that make your blood run cold...

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 12 March, 2014, 10:35:58 AM
Birmingham? I dunno...i've heard tales that make your blood run cold...

Well it did get nuked by the Volgans in Prog 1!

shaolin_monkey

Please share this image with as many folk as you think might be interested:

Viking Justice

I'm a bit confused by Scowlin's post that he hoped there would be 2012 Judges in attendance? Just what is the situation regarding 2012 Judges, for this event? Has there been any request made for 2012 Judges, in the Facebook group, Brit-Cit Judges? I can say, hand on heart, that I haven't seen any requests for any to attend, throughout the Facebook groups, and that until the recent adverts went up, no one knew much about it.

A pity, as many of the lads (and lasses, I'm sure) would have made a significant effort to attend, where it may be too late for many, now?

Does this mean that they are not required or welcome? Or is it only from IL?

FoldsFive

Short and sweet answer: Judge Labelle will be in attendance, and the more Judges the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

The event's been plugged enough by 2000ad, by me personally, and on the Judge costuming page Sector House 001 which I moderate which you're a member of, Iain - I haven't been hiding it from anybody - And I didn't want to put an open call out, because we have no idea how popular this will be for a  first event - don't want to end up in a position where we've got more judges than general public.