Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

sheridan

Great images - the drip, drip, drip of information continues...

Rusty

Looks pretty much like the 2012 version, only more congested and built up like the comic. Perfect if you ask me. Still not sure about the flying cars, though. Now all we need are concepts of the Lawmaster and the uniform. 

JLC

OK, it is just concept art but seems a bit too drab for me. I'd like a more vivid colourful vibrant MC1.

Rusty

Quote from: JLC on 11 August, 2017, 06:18:21 PM
OK, it is just concept art but seems a bit too drab for me. I'd like a more vivid colourful vibrant MC1.
Could be just the drab part of the city. One scene I loved in the recent film was when Dredd and Anderson were outside the building looking out of the city at night. It looked brilliant with all the neon contrasted against the night sky.

8-Ball

Quote from: Rusty on 11 August, 2017, 06:25:16 PM
Could be just the drab part of the city. One scene I loved in the recent film was when Dredd and Anderson were outside the building looking out of the city at night. It looked brilliant with all the neon contrasted against the night sky.
I hope so. This type of thing could be a deal-breaker for me. The version of MC-1 that I have in my head is straight from Colin MacNeil's art for America and Mechanismo. Chiefly crystal clear blue skies and blazing sunshine resulting from the machinations of Weather Control and a perfect example of the excessive reach of the Justice Department. I don't want MC-1 in this show to be yet another gloomy cookie-cutter dystopia. 
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Steve Green

What, even at night?

Honestly people are reading an awful lot into a couple of images.

The Legendary Shark

There will be all kinds of different areas in  MEGA City One because it's MEGA in size and MEGA in scope. The clue is in the name.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JLC

Yeah, a great scene.

Quote from: 8-Ball on 11 August, 2017, 07:21:06 PM
I hope so. This type of thing could be a deal-breaker for me. The version of MC-1 that I have in my head is straight from Colin MacNeil's art for America and Mechanismo. Chiefly crystal clear blue skies and blazing sunshine resulting from the machinations of Weather Control and a perfect example of the excessive reach of the Justice Department. I don't want MC-1 in this show to be yet another gloomy cookie-cutter dystopia.
Yes, there are too many of those.
Quote from: Steve Green on 11 August, 2017, 07:42:04 PM
What, even at night?

Its concept art. Isn't the point of concept art for people to read into it how the show might look?!?

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 August, 2017, 07:51:04 PM
There will be all kinds of different areas in  MEGA City One because it's MEGA in size and MEGA in scope. The clue is in the name.
Yes I understand that, but thanks for letting me know, & putting the word MEGA in uppercase...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

dweezil2

If these images were a song, they'd be called Sex Farm.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Goaty

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 August, 2017, 07:42:04 PM
What, even at night?

yep here's to next two years.

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 August, 2017, 07:51:04 PM

Yep - there's no reason that both images above can't exist in the same city as Dredd 2012.  Walk around any large city and you'll get suburbs (often called inner city, but I don't see why, as many are quite away from the centre) areas that are not dissimilar to Urban's Dredd.

Pete Wells

That first picture totally reminds me of one of my all time favourite covers - Prog 1450 by Jock. I love it!