Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Prog / Re: Prog 2086 - Bet on Red!
« Last post by Mardroid on Today at 03:31:57 pm »
I know I'm an army of one here, but... I've grown to adore that Miller Dredd. So very very wrong, but I love it!
Dredd shouldn't have a beard, but I've liked that image since I first saw it. Strange zig-zag leg linework included.

Cover: While I recognised the red stuff as blood, I got the impression she was upright. I know liquid doesn't work like that, but her posture suggests she is upright.

I have mixed feelings concerning the image, but it's... something*. And the fact the colour tone on her breast armour is very close to her face (and the outfit she wears in the strip itself is not so figure hugging) suggested at least partially bare breasts to me. Maybe I've just got a one track mind.

*Not meant in a derogatory way. I just can't t think of the correct word right now. I'm having one of those 'tip of your tongue**' moments.

**Or 'thumbs' in my case since I'm typing this on a smartphone.
For Sale here: The three volumes of Alan Moore's 'Promethea' in the Absolute Editions slipcased format. This comprises the entire story and all three volumes are in excellent, near mint condition. I am asking for £90.00 for the set plus postage costs. (I have not calculated the price of postage yet and the books are quite heavy, but I will endeavour to get the best deal possible).

Anyone who is interested, please end me a message through the forum. (First come, first served).

Thanks for looking.

Film & TV / Re: Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
« Last post by SIP on Today at 03:06:50 pm »
I recall the only major concern was the dropoff in Chinese ticket sales, though that would likely have little to do with grumpy Star Wars fanboys as the property doesn't have the pop-cultural lineage over there that it does in the West.

I think the China thing is a red herring, not being popular in China certainly didn't impact on the box office of every other star wars film.
« Last post by SIP on Today at 02:59:07 pm »
The implication would be, along with the subsequent blu ray sales...

It's an incomplete picture, though. Blu-Ray sales were 56% down from The Force Awakens –in the US– but that is not an accurate picture in itself since general sales of all physical discs have dropped approx. 10% every year since 2015 because of the rise in subscription streaming and digital purchase, so unless you get the worldwide total including all platforms, it's hard to know what the actual 'sales' drop-off is.

That's an excellent point Joe and not one that I had considered. I feel like maybe we'll need to look back at this in 10 years time to see what the whole picture actually was.
Off Topic / Re: Chuggers
« Last post by Hawkmumbler on Today at 02:53:46 pm »
Yeah but close enough not to warrant a fresh thread. Charity, corporate stooges, whatever. Just don't pull dirty tricks to try and push your agenda on me in public.
Prog / Re: Prog 2086 - Bet on Red!
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 02:32:17 pm »
Same reason Anderson was topless in a Sci-Fi special in the dreaded nineties!
I'd hope we've all grown up a bit since the Loaded days and that frankly sexist bilge of a poster. Also, that was on the inside, and I can't imagine 2000 AD even during its nadir going for a fully topless image on the cover. That'd be a good way to find yourself on the top shelf at WHSmith.
I’m guessing it’s the original scans that are bad, since all the more recent colour material looks fine.
Off Topic / Re: Chuggers
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 02:29:45 pm »
I had a supremely creepy one yesterday.
I was on my way home from work in Manchester Piccadilly and in the crowd one waved to catch my attention and pointed behind me. "I think you dropped something-" so obviously I stopped to see what I had dropped, but when I turned around confused I saw him standing in front of me with his hand out. "Thanks for stopping, nice of you, would you be up for signing on to Virgin medias new broadband plan?".

So not anything to do with a charity then?  Odious term anyway, I refuse to use it.
« Last post by Professor Bear on Today at 02:28:03 pm »
I recall the only major concern was the dropoff in Chinese ticket sales, though that would likely have little to do with grumpy Star Wars fanboys as the property doesn't have the pop-cultural lineage over there that it does in the West.
General / Re: Top ten Dredds and top ten non-Dredd thrills
« Last post by Bad City Blue on Today at 01:46:13 pm »
Wow... seriously hard!

DREDD

1 - Finger Of Suspicion

2 - Apocalypse War (including Block Mania)

3 - Sob Story

4 - Origina

5 - the Pit

6 - AMerica

7 - Cry of The Werewolf

8 - Necropolis

9 - Judge Death

10 - the day the law Died (Judge Cal Saga)

2000AD

1 - Strontium Dog, Portrait Of A Mutant

2 - Halo Jones Book 3

3 - Skizz

4 - DR & Quinch Go To Hollywood

5 - Kingdom

6 - Slaine, The Horned God

7 - Nemesis, the Victorian EMpire

8 - the Stainless Steel rat For President

9 - Harry 20

10 - meltdown Man
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10