Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Prog / Re: Prog 2069 : Warrior's code
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 09:30:30 am »
Brass Sun provided a bit of a surprise, Bad Company barrels along, and the new Dredd starts very well. Savage and ABC Warriors showcase the various ends of the Mills spectrum, with the latter making me think he enjoys trolling the readers. Still, at least with the 407th Mills line-up, we didn't have full-page portraits of each of the ABC Warriors' opposite numbers. But, good grief, for a strip that used to be jam-packed with madness and new ideas, it hasn't half become utterly boring and predictable.

How many times now have we had this set-up? And you just know that the Warriors will emerge victorious (possibly after getting horribly smashed up, but then rebuilding themselves), ready for the next set of books where they are laboriously reintroduced, chat a bit about the old days, talk about Mars a bit, and then fight another bunch of mostly throwaway foes that are introduced one at a time.
Events / Re: Glasgow Comic Con - 30 June 2018
« Last post by Tiplodocus on Today at 09:28:27 am »
I think this clashes with holidays for me so I'm out before I'm in.
Games / Re: Last game played...
« Last post by Tjm86 on Today at 08:14:51 am »
- growing up in Great Yarmouth  ....

Oh man!  You have my sympathies.
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by SpaceSpinner2000 on Today at 03:36:46 am »
There’s enough of a gap between Robo Hunter stories, combined with our coverage of the 2000AD annual that the Pentax will remain safe until episode 88!
Film & TV / Re: Black Panther - Please add your review
« Last post by edgeworthy on Today at 02:02:27 am »
I haven't seen it but I have heard it has a predominantly black cast, apart from Martin Friedman (Bilbo Baggins) and Andy Sirkis (Gollum) as the Tolkien white guys
Would you believe that Andy Serkis actually made that joke in an interview!?
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by Andy B on Today at 01:57:56 am »
Another great show, and I very much enjoyed the call-out for my ‘cool’ Celeneon Death Guard in Prog 278. Still my artistic high point!

By the way, the name ‘Ogden’, that Fox found so weird, is a reference to a family in Britain’s longest running soap opera, ‘Coronation Street’. Wikipedia tells me that “The character of Hilda Ogden was very popular with the British public — in 1982 she came fourth behind the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, and Diana, Princess of Wales in a poll of the most recognisable women in Britain.”

Next week should be fun. #NoBlakeePentax
General / Dredds on TV
« Last post by Tarantino on Today at 01:28:42 am »
In the unlikely event that you’ve not seen it yet, Dredds on channel 4 on Saturday night 😀

Enjoy.

Tarantino
« Last post by The Amstor Computer on Today at 01:18:40 am »
Dredd starts off promisingly. (Have we seen Lamia before? I can’t remember.)

In "High Spirits", by Edginton and Taylor back in 2009 (!)

Don't think there's been another appearance sInce.
« Last post by Richard on Today at 12:16:05 am »
Got the prog today (undamaged). A good one.

Dredd starts off promisingly. (Have we seen Lamia before? I can’t remember.)

The best episode of Bad Company since the ‘80s. Quantum Russian Roulette, and a moving ending. Good stuff, and I’m more interested in it now.

Savage and ABC Warriors are building to their climaxes, and Brass Sun takes a new turn.
General / Re: Looking for Pre-Street Judge Info...
« Last post by Richard on 19 February, 2018, 09:53:02 pm »
Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10