Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

A teaser of trailer for big trailer tomorrow

Spider-Man got a little upgrade...

https://youtu.be/NbLP_SmhtuM

Goaty

Grugz

looks great amazing,spectacular etc!!!

one thing will piss some corners of the internet off they've nicked ganke from the miles morales take .

but tom Holland was born to play the lovable loser.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

von Boom

Looks fantastic, but too much Tony Stark.

DrRocka

Anything with the wonderful Marisa Tomei in it can have my money. I'm
Never ever bloody anything ever

Theblazeuk

Quote from: von Boom on 09 December, 2016, 11:21:47 AM
Looks fantastic, but too much Tony Stark.

Yeah, I'm up for a high school spiderman (Garfield and Maguire always seemed college age at best) but would like less "They treat me like a kid" or Tony Stark.

TordelBack

I'm guessing the heavy Stark presence, the masked robbery gag and the subtitle is to reassure that this is the new MCU Spidey that you may/may not remember from Civil War and not any of the old ones. It does that job, but I imagine there will be far lowee RDJr quotient in the actual film.

Looks fun.

Professor Bear

I assumed the "part of a larger superhero universe" stuff is to reassure you this isn't that crappy Amazing Spider-Man movie series that only made a paltry 3 billion dollars, and that this is more like that Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon show that everyone loves.

Leigh S

Quote from: Grugz on 09 December, 2016, 10:05:54 AM
looks great amazing,spectacular etc!!!

one thing will piss some corners of the internet off they've nicked ganke from the miles morales take .

but tom Holland was born to play the lovable loser.

Except once again, he seems to hook up with hot girl in first film... Isn;t the great thing about Spider-Man that the great power brings great responsibility?  Which means he puts himself out there for the good of others and to great personal loss - which is the heartbreaking Betty Brant storyline that they have ignored for a GODDAMNED third time!  (Tom Holland looks ace though)

Colin YNWA

Well in a day when I've seen a new Apes trailer for the first time that was always going to have an up hill struggle - but was it just me or was that a bit... flat... seemed a bit ... directionless. Too much going on, too much of which we've seen before?

Professor Bear

Quote from: Leigh S on 09 December, 2016, 05:48:21 PMExcept once again, he seems to hook up with hot girl in first film... Isn;t the great thing about Spider-Man that the great power brings great responsibility?  Which means he puts himself out there for the good of others and to great personal loss

Spidey's personal losses usually come because he's been an asshole in some way (the most obvious example being letting the crook escape who would later kill his uncle), and across the various media he's portrayed as motivated by guilt, not altruism - but even so, he does seem to fall into the orbit of what I would have referred to in less enlightened times as Some Top Shelf Fillies.  That when Gwen Stacy died and he had to "settle" for a supermodel just about sums it up.

TordelBack

Why it's almost as if Spidey's enduring appeal lies in some sort of adolescent wish fulfillment fantasy... I think you're on to some deep thematic secret there, Prof.

Professor Bear

Was Spidey really that popular with kids before the Raimi movies?  He always seemed to me to be a vaguely culty thing for comics nerds more than the wider phenomenon he would become in the 21st century.

Leigh S

Quote from: Professor Bear on 09 December, 2016, 08:31:33 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 09 December, 2016, 05:48:21 PMExcept once again, he seems to hook up with hot girl in first film... Isn;t the great thing about Spider-Man that the great power brings great responsibility?  Which means he puts himself out there for the good of others and to great personal loss

Spidey's personal losses usually come because he's been an asshole in some way (the most obvious example being letting the crook escape who would later kill his uncle), and across the various media he's portrayed as motivated by guilt, not altruism - but even so, he does seem to fall into the orbit of what I would have referred to in less enlightened times as Some Top Shelf Fillies.  That when Gwen Stacy died and he had to "settle" for a supermodel just about sums it up.

That's true, though the Betty Brant relationship shows that Peter has embraced a selfless path, letting the woman he loves run off with his rival to save her future pain.  While other losses are thrown at him unwittingly/because he is an asshole, losing Betty Brant is an act of pure unconditional love and its comic's Casablanca moment.  Not sure why this hasnt been seized on by the film types - let him have a few films of misery before shacking up with super models in film 4 or 5

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Professor Bear on 09 December, 2016, 10:23:08 PM
Was Spidey really that popular with kids before the Raimi movies?  He always seemed to me to be a vaguely culty thing for comics nerds more than the wider phenomenon he would become in the 21st century.

Really? Wow that's curious. Spidey's popularity as a mass market figure has not exactly been hiding under a bushel. Nowt to do with the comics or anything I'm sure, much like Wonder Woman or Superman, but on a bigger scale, for years but he's been on products consistently. Numerous popular telly shows etc etc.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic there but if not... wow.