Main Menu

Home projector

Started by Mattofthespurs, 04 October, 2017, 08:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

'Schoolboy Blue'.  I remember when you had to go to Amsterdam to buy tapes like that.

Mattofthespurs

JamesC

If you have a fairly small room but still want a large image look for short-throw projectors. They used to have a bit of distortion at the edges of the image but I think they're much better now. You can pick up decent ones for a few hundred pounds.

Tjm86

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 October, 2017, 11:49:19 AM
'Schoolboy Blue'.  I remember when you had to go to Amsterdam to buy tapes like that.

These days they're likely to lock you up for tapes like that!   :o

Tiplodocus

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 October, 2017, 11:49:19 AM

Browsing a shop window in Amsterdam and I thought "Oh, some of these films are on a new DVD format called DVDA."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Rara Avis

Why did I google that?  ::)

TordelBack

I can't work out the topology there at all.  Ah well, a puzzle to keep the mind active over teabreak now I've finished the sudoku.

Mattofthespurs

Right, that's the room painted and the black out curtains installed.
I've never put up a curtain rail before, despite being a home owner for over 25 years. They have either always been with the house we've bought or I've put up a curtain pole instead.
I puzzled over the instructions for a good 30 minutes not quite understanding how the damn things would work and in the end decided to just go with the instructions and not worry about the internal machinations of the thing.
And work they do. The curtains are very good too. I was quoted £150 in a curtain shop for 66 inch (x2) width and 90 inch drop but got some off Amazon instead for £32.99. I wasn't expecting much but they are great.
Now my living room looks like Castle Dracula if Dracula had decided to go with the macadamia instead of the stone look.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 October, 2017, 10:42:58 AM
I can't work out the topology there at all.  Ah well, a puzzle to keep the mind active over teabreak now I've finished the sudoku.

I couldn't figure it out either thinking the 'A' must be for adult.
Having looked it up I've realised what I sheltered life I lead...Thank goodness.
Made my eyes fair water.

Tiplodocus

I used to have that as a joke in my act. The 10% of the audience that laughed, laughed hard. But it left 90% of the audience going "Wuh?" so I had to drop it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!