Main Menu

MC1 style building Concept for London

Started by Tweak72, 08 March, 2008, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I wouldnt complain if chewing gum was banned here like it is in Singapore.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

I would!  I love chewing gum!  And I can in all honesty say I have never dropped a piece on the ground.  Those are the bastards you need to go after.

Trout

Abra Cadaver

Apparently it would contain schools. Judging from that pic you'd be lucky to fit more than say 10 kids comfortably in one of those rooms/floors.

It also seems to have managed to look both cool and shite at the same time.

ThryllSeekyr

We ae getting something in Brisbane. Thats alot like the London eye. Except, it's not going to be quite as large.

Tanky

I can se a lot of people being pissed off by that bloody awful Brighton marina thing. I Like the look of Falmer Stadium though. In fact, I think I've seen that somewhere before...

Here's the one Pompey aren't getting.http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/lara_13/pompey1.jpg">

Peter Wolf

The Marina is a sight better looking than that King Alfred development though.

Anyway it doesnt matter how pissed off you get about these things as its very difficult to stop them by objecting as in the end they always get planning as the councillers accept cash bribes from the developers etc and the public consultations are a sham so its a forgone conclusion.

Another thing is if you live close to the King alfred development [which i dont] and lose your sea view and end up living in the shadow of a tower block you get no compensation for it and losing a seaview isnt grounds for objecting apparently.

scutfink

With regard to the dead space around buildings, what's the feasibility of building down like in the Ro-busters classic, 'Terra Meks' (IIRC)?

JTurner

Pompey seriously needs a good tram network. You've got several sites worth (arguably) paying a visit to, but they're so damn isolated.

Peter Wolf

It has been done with underground military bases plus tunneling but for more ordinary building projects its too labour intensive and too expensive to make it cost effective as its twice the work.

Conspiracy theory alert !

Apparently there is a machine that is able to tunnel through several miles of rock per day by burning its way through.

As with a lot of these things it may be nonsense .