Main Menu

Shooting completed for Judge Dredd

Started by Mike Carroll, 21 February, 2011, 05:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteShould they licence deluxe Dredd and Anderson action figures, with Lawmaster sold separately, or is it better not to whore out the first proper 2000 A.D. movie...?

I don't imagine there will be much in the way of merchandise - Dredd isn't gonna be anything like on the scale of Green Lantern or Thor. I'd imagine if it does well then we'll get a few limited runs of things a year or two down the line - a figure or two, prop replicas, that sort of thing.

Personally I don't buy action figures or props or anything like that, but what I'm really hoping for is a deluxe hardback 'making of' book, with the shooting script, all of the concept art, set photos and Jock's comic/storyboard of the script.

A tie-in game would be cool, but I can't imagine a property like Dredd would warrant a full release in this day and age, where game budgets are increasingly prohibitive. Perhaps a simple download-only Dredd game for XBLA, PSN, WiiWare or iOS?

judge macbrayne

Quote from: radiator on 19 June, 2011, 12:11:45 PM
QuoteShould they licence deluxe Dredd and Anderson action figures, with Lawmaster sold separately, or is it better not to whore out the first proper 2000 A.D. movie...?

I don't imagine there will be much in the way of merchandise - Dredd isn't gonna be anything like on the scale of Green Lantern or Thor. I'd imagine if it does well then we'll get a few limited runs of things a year or two down the line - a figure or two, prop replicas, that sort of thing.

Personally I don't buy action figures or props or anything like that, but what I'm really hoping for is a deluxe hardback 'making of' book, with the shooting script, all of the concept art, set photos and Jock's comic/storyboard of the script.

A tie-in game would be cool, but I can't imagine a property like Dredd would warrant a full release in this day and age, where game budgets are increasingly prohibitive. Perhaps a simple download-only Dredd game for XBLA, PSN, WiiWare or iOS?
hard back heh this is 2011 get them on i book LOL

Danbo

Forbidden Planet will have some goodies I'm sure,wants a delux helmet,i will pay silly money if its a cracker.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: radiator on 19 June, 2011, 12:11:45 PM

Wasn't it mentioned that there is definitely a new Judge Dredd game being developed by Rebellion to coincide with the release of the film?

SmallBlueThing

There must be a "Daystick" butt plug, for that realistic Dredd "stick up the arse" attitude.

SBT

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Cyclopz on 19 June, 2011, 10:11:36 PMWasn't it mentioned that there is definitely a new Judge Dredd game being developed by Rebellion to coincide with the release of the film?

No.

Beaky Smoochies

Spot on Radiator, dude, I was thinking exactly the same thing, but forgot to put it down until after I'd posted.  The trouble with everything you suggested in one single book is it would make it one hell of an unwieldy tome- and at one ungodly price too!  It would probably be better to split it into two volumes, either sold separately, or together in a nice 'limited edition' box set, with the first volume the 'making of' book with detailed history of the project, tons of lovely photos, and the complete shooting script, whilst the second would feature the comic-book adaptation, Jock's concept art designs (both used and unused ideas), storyboards, and maybe even a written commentary by Jock and the movie's production team throughout, explaining why certain designs were used and others discarded, and if that wasn't enough, maybe also a chapter discussing the different looks and interpretations of Dredd down the years by varous comic artists who worked on the comic-book.  I don't know, does that sound like too much, it's way better than silly action figures (however cool they may look on your shelf)...!?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Michaelvk

I'm glad I expropriated a thing or two when I could. You might see some helmets.. They were mastered in the UK.  I wouldn't hold your breath for any other prop replicas though. I'm not sure where molds for the helmets, Lawgivers, Badges or other stuff went. If they're still here the logistics of it all would be a nightmare.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Danbo

Quote from: Michaelvk on 20 June, 2011, 08:38:55 PM
I'm glad I expropriated a thing or two when I could. You might see some helmets.. They were mastered in the UK.  I wouldn't hold your breath for any other prop replicas though. I'm not sure where molds for the helmets, Lawgivers, Badges or other stuff went. If they're still here the logistics of it all would be a nightmare.
All i need is a helmet,that and a full working light saber, the ultimate collectable props IMO

Speeder bike and a Lawmaster would not go amiss either.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..