Main Menu

2000AD Podcast ep40 - Wanna know whats coming out next year?

Started by bluemeanie, 06 December, 2010, 01:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Thanks for doing this - much appreciated. The main problem is there is so much to digest it might take a few listens to take it all in.

A couple of thoughts:

Odd that A Love Like Blood is being collected again - its not awful and there is lovely Frazer Irving art but Frazerphiles will have bought it in the Frazer Irving Collection and the story was thoroughly Diggled (like Storming Heaven) and there must be other horror stories that would fit. Personally, I'd love to see the story done properly, the way it was always intended but no one would front the cash for it.

I know John Smith would rather a 100% Cradlegrave collection but I think adding in a couple of one-offs works well - the two I thought would fit are Inside Moves (with Chris Weston, from prog 631) and Order of the Beast (with Dave D'Antiquis, from prog 632) - they are both "down-to-earth" (well not obviously sci-fi, they are both weird enough to make a fool of anyone trying to describe them as down-to-earth), the art still stands up well after all this time and the former even includes an early example of a monstrous pregnancy, which helps put this all in historical context. Smith's Tales from Beyond Science stories could work, as could "Graven Images" from Vector 13, but they are parts of bigger series that have a consistent narrator, so might seem a bit odd as standalones but really any of them would do ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

DrJomster

Thanks for this guys, really enjoyed it!

Particularly liked the down to earth style of the interview. Very nice indeed. And just HOW MUCH stuff is being released? More goodness than you can shake a stick at, to be honest! Great to hear that the schedule is so busy!

Have to echo the above comment saying just how great it is that Rebellion / 2000AD, as well as the Crack ECBT2000AD team of course, do this kind of thing. Great way to keep building and promoting both the brilliant material and the community itself.

:D
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

bluemeanie

you know I've been seeing your avatar for ages and I've only just now seen it as a dog (which is OBVIOUSLY is), not a baby hippo

goddamn acid flashbacks

DrJomster

Quote from: bluemeanie on 07 December, 2010, 10:14:13 PM
you know I've been seeing your avatar for ages and I've only just now seen it as a dog (which is OBVIOUSLY is), not a baby hippo

goddamn acid flashbacks

Hippo?!? That's a bonkers chocolate Labrador, matey! :D

Richmond Clements

Quote from: bluemeanie on 07 December, 2010, 10:14:13 PM

goddamn acid flashbacks

Grud, you're right! It's a dog, not a hippo!
And I've never taken an acid!

uncle fester

Greg M.

I thought it was a hippo too! It is a hippo, it's just got you fooled.

Dandontdare

well it's obvious NOW, but I have to confess to hippo too. It's the deceptively tiny legs.

bluemeanie

Well Bleedingcool has obviously listened, lifted the schedule out and credited it to "a podcast"

Nice of them

And a happy little one for my 1,000th post as well

Colin YNWA

He has tried to put a linkie in but doesn't seem to work. At least the one to the Eric Powell picture is working.

Mind I feel really sorry for Matty ae. Gets that kinda exposure just after his eBay sale finishes. Ouch!

edited to add. CBR now have the Eric Powell picture up as (their italics not mine)

QuoteCourtesy of 2000AD, CBR presents an exclusive first look at Eric "The Goon" Powell's cover for "Mega-City Masters" #3 featuring the inimitable Judge Dredd.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29761

bluemeanie

Nope, thats cool.
Keith sent the pic to me and CBR in the same email, I was just quicker off the mark posting it up. So its a joint exclusive, I just did it a day earlier   :D

And I've started an official teacup storm over this now after an angry spout on Twitter. No big deal really, its only frigging comics FFS. Just got my back up when I first saw it as I put a fair bit of work into that interv... well, chat thing.

Emperor

I did send him the relevant links and have now dropped them into the comments over there. The MP3 link is working for me though.

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 December, 2010, 03:21:36 PMMind I feel really sorry for Matty ae. Gets that kinda exposure just after his eBay sale finishes. Ouch!

I sent him the link as soon as I saw it. I suspect he wouldn't have run it at all if the other nugget of Zenith news hadn't turned up so he rolled everything into one.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

DrJomster