Main Menu

Button Man coming to Netflix.

Started by Bolt-01, 16 March, 2019, 01:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 26 July, 2019, 04:10:09 PM
I was looking through a list of British Actors, and since Harry strikes me as an older man, Iain Glen of GoT Fame's face leered out at me. I doubt a stone-cold killer would interest him, but you never know.

Didn't think Harry was any older than early 30s in the first series, but I'd be happy with Iain Glen too.

I remember Tharg's choice, back in the day, being Rutger Hauer.  What might have been.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: Rately on 25 July, 2019, 11:33:12 AM
Quote from: AlexF on 24 July, 2019, 07:49:23 PM
Get Seans Bean and Pertwee both as rival buttons, and we could have some seriously gruesome deaths to enjoy. Not that I'm advocating Paul W S Anderson for director. Neil Marshall, on the other hand...

Neil Marshall would be an excellent choice for Director. Failing that, we could give Alex Garland the job.

The film's being directed by Brian Helgeland. He made Payback and A Knight's Tale; his most recent movies were respectable period biopics, 42 and Legend. I sort of quite like all his films*, so I expect I'll sort of quite like Button Man when it appears next to the Liam Neeson flicks and Triple Frontier on Netflix.

Helgeland uses the same actors on different projects. If you get lucky, that might mean Tom Hardy as Harry Exton in a UK-based production. If things don't go to plan, you might get Mel Gibson or Jake Gyllenhaal doing accents or using the US setting of the second book to tell the story of the first book.

* Except for The Sin Eater/The Order, a Heath Ledger film I'd never heard of until now.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I'm getting carried away here. I was watching Black Sails with Toby Stephens-guess, which 2000AD property floated into my head. Again, more than likely he'd be doing the Lost in Space show rather than an unfamiliar character. As Frank states, an American 'star' might be more suitable, in the Producers mind for the role. I prefer a Brit or an Irish Actor, but if the decision is else wise, that's their decision.

Does anyone know where you can hire hitmen by the hour?  :P :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Proudhuff

soooo, when's it due on screen and how likely is that? Given I'm thinking of ditching Netflux.
DDT did a job on me