Main Menu

Jikan Noon

Started by Daveycandlish, 06 February, 2011, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Part One of the demon-hunting, time-travelling Japanese warrior's new adventure, and this time he lands in the very wild Wild West...
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Van Dom

Bloody hell Dave that looks good. Had to check the credits there to make sure you were indeed on the art chores again!

Davey Candlish - the man with more styles than Madonna!!! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Greg M.

That looks great, deeply evocative stuff. Like Van Dom, I also did a double-take to see who was drawing, because it seems quite different in feel to what I've seen of yours in the past... but that's lovely stuff!

El Chivo

Nice pic geez!
I wanted to do a Wild West one, guess u & Locust beat me to it!
Let me know if u need some more pix done in the future

Cheers

Chi

flip-r mk2

WWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO

Jikan's back.

filip

and as El Chivo wrote "Let me know if u need some more pix done in the future" same here.
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Daveycandlish

Thanks chaps - there'll be a call to arms sooner or later, in the meantime, here's part two

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

El Chivo

Great stuff Dave, Locust & Jim!

Chi

Greg M.

I'm loving the style you're using on this, Dave, it seems so perfectly suited to the Western-genre subject matter.

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah Mr D the shading is really good on these - I've always loved the stark black and whiteyness of it. :)

Daveycandlish

Thanks chaps - I do tend to change style with each strip and this one seems to suit this western story. I seem to have some sort of early 80's Ortiz vibe going on with the face of the antagonist in that last panel - don't know where that came from!

Daveycandlish

CrazyFoxMachine

El Chivo

Bangin'(groan!) these out, aintcha Dave? Looking awesome too!

Need another Jikan fix?
Try the blog below...

Chi

Van Dom

I keep saying it but I love the art on this one Dave. It might be my favourite of your (many) styles so far.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!